5.0 out of 5 stars mCover Hard Shell Case for Mac 13.3
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:24 Mins
Watch my review of the mCover Hard Shell Case for MacBook Pro 13.3". You won't be disappointed by this cover. I love it!:) Thanks for watching!
Published on December 19, 2011 by Caroline

1.0 out of 5 stars Non-Functional.
I bought this product for two simple reasons: 1) to elevate the keyboard for better typing angles and 2) for the feet to prevent the laptop from sliding about. Within days of having the case, the glue used to hold the feet in place melted from the excess heat produced by having the case on the computer. If that wasn't bad enough, the pop-up legs on the back broke off...
Published 10 months ago by Bryan Bannon

5.0 out of 5 stars mCover Hard Shell Case for Mac 13.3, December 19, 2011
This review is from: iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case with FREE keyboard cover for Model A1278 13-inch Regular display Aluminum Unibody MacBook Pro - BLUE (Personal Computers)
Length:: 3:24 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Speck case, April 28, 2012
I just got this to replace a purple Speck case I bought 9 months ago. The clips that held the Speck case onto the bottom half of the computer started breaking right away, though enough lasted that it didn't start falling off until recently. The clips on this case seem much sturdier right off the bat. I also like how the bottom has way more vents in it. Everyone I know who has tried both cases prefers this one as well (which is why I bought it). Plus, it's $10-$15 cheaper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cover that installs easily, fits perfectly, protects and looks great, June 24, 2011
Length:: 5:01 Mins

UPDATE: 9/24/2012 - I have a couple mCovers and they have steadily tweaked the design of them. I've had several people email me saying that the cover was loose on their macbook pro. I found that hard to believe since my mCovers all fit perfectly on my macbook pros. Nevertheless I had one bottom piece that needed to be replaced and the replacement was actually loose in the same way people had been describing. So I am removing one star from my original 5-star rating since there seems to be either a quality control issue going on. I'm not sure how big a problem this may be but you should be aware that at least some of these covers are not fitting as precisely as they should.

What follows is my original review......

--------

I've owned a lot of laptops over the years and I usually buy covers for them not only to protect them from scratches and wear & tear, but also to help retain resale value for the computer should I decide to sell it later. I could not be happier with the i-Pearl mCover for MacBook Pro model A1278.

This is a polycarbonate plastic cover that looks sharp, lets the Apple logo shine through and protects the MacBook Pro very well while also allowing perfect access to all the ports and media drives. In addition, the lid of the MacBook Pro is not hindered in any way whatsoever so you are able to fully open the lid. That's not something you can do with all other cases.

The mCover has ample slots and openings on the bottom to assist in keeping the MacBook Pro cool and the collapsible feet are useful as are the silicone pads that help prevent the case from sliding when on a hard surface.

The other great thing about the case is it fits my MacBook Pro PERFECTLY. The small tabs on the case really hold tight to the computer but it is really easy to remove the case if you need to for any reason. You do have to make sure you are ordering the exact case for your particular model of MacBook Pro though, so double-check what you are ordering to get the perfect fit.

LOVE this case, plus the price can't be beat.

And if that were not enough, I also got a silicone keyboard cover that fits over the keys perfectly and is thin enough that it really doesn't affect typing at all. Just takes a little time to get used to, then it protects dust and nacho chip crumbs from getting into your keyboard.

UPDATE 6/27/2011: I need to clarify that the keyboard cover does not come with the MacBook Cover, it is available separately. When ordered directly from iPearl, I believe the keyboard cover is included. I also want to clarify that when I say the lid is not impinged by the case, I mean that it does not affect my opening the lid to only 90 degrees, It allows the lid to open nearly completely. Obviously there will be about 2mm of travel this is not possible due to the thickness of the case itself, but it's not an issue as far as viewing angle of the lid.

I'd rate this 10-stars if it were possible to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful in All Respects, June 26, 2012
I was extremely excited when I ordered this based on the wonderful reviews...AND everyone was correct. The mCover (Blue) hard shell MBP 13.3" cover is great. The packaging was just based (and easy to open) plastic wrap. I then popped on the top cover which just snapped on with minor pressure and then placed the bottom section on, again with little pressure. Both sides look wonderful (and it really is like have a "new" MBP). mCover package also includes a nice flexible keyboard cover which will allow me to now eat and type...JK ;-) Love this and fully recommend it to anyone. Lastly, the BLUE is actually the color in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the blue, July 20, 2011
We have had our Mac less than a year and it never left the house. My wife changed jobs and would benefit by taking her Mac to work with her. She was looking for a case when she happened upon this product on Amazon. It was exactly what she was looking for. The hard shell protects her computer. It was also easy for her to install - usually that is my job. The computer is still able to breath. The shell also keeps the computer from being scratched. ALso the hard shell doesn't add to much weight to the computer, so she can still carry her laptop as often as she likes. Being able to obtain this case in blue is just icing on the cake. What are you waiting for? Protect your investment an buy one BLUE mCover® Hard Shell Case for 13.3" A1278 Aluminum Unibody MacBook Pro 13-inch (model #A1278 with Black keyboard)today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for a great price, July 8, 2011
I recently purchased the mCover Hard Shell Case for A1278 Aluminum Unibody. I am a first time Mac user, and I loved the MacBook Pro right off the bat. The only thing that had me worried was the aluminum shell. I do a lot of traveling with my MacBook, and I knew it is going to take a lot of abuse. I also knew I didn't want it to get all beat up looking. I spent a lot of money on it, and I want it to look good. I thought I would just look to see if I could get a "sleeve" or something that would keep the aluminum from getting scratched. I did a general search on amazon, and found this mCover and couldn't believe how affordable it was. And, it is a HUGE upgrade from a "sleeve" or "skin". I received the shell within a couple of days from ipearl-inc. From there, what can I say. You snap it on and enjoy!!! It was really that easy. It looks great, I have had people comment on how cool the blue looks. My daughter loves the blue apple.

I highly recommend the mCover Hard Shell Case & ipearl-inc..

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very bluetiful shell!, June 22, 2011
When I finally decided to take the plunge and enter the Mac world, I wanted to protect my investment as much as possible. More than that, though, I really, really wanted my laptop to be blue! I have a custom-built desktop machine running windows 7, which I affectionately refer to as big blue; it's using the Apevia dreamer case with lots of pretty blue lights. Anyway, I digress. I did a lot of reading of reviews, and it sounded like this Ipearl macbook cover was the best option available, so I purchased it the same day I got my macbook Pro. Well, I couldn't be happier. The shell couldn't have been simpler to install, fits my macbook pro perfectly, and is a nearly perfect match for Big Blue. The little window on it's top lets the apple logo show through, and I was delighted to see that the logo shines with a pretty blue light thanks to this shell. The shell also has little vents on the bottom to help prevent the Macbook from getting too warm. The cover is very light-weight, and doesn't add much in the way of thickness or bulk to my Macbook; it still fits perfectly in an incase sleeve which I also purchased for additional protection. I am very, very careful with my new toy, but this case feels very stirdy and well-made, so I don't anticipate any problems. I'm just happy that this product enabled me to have the bluetiful laptop of my dreams. I've recommended these shells to other friends who have recently purchased macbooks, and they were also impressed by the quality of the IPearl shell.
Bottom line, if you want to protect your macbook and make it very pretty, you can't go wrong with this shell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, June 14, 2012
I have been using this case for about 4 weeks now and have no complaints.

This case provides a slim, sleek, hard plastic shell for your precious MaxBook Pro. The case snaps on and hasn't fallen off!
In addition, the 'stand' feature is a bonus for those with desks at awkward heights.

Shipping was fast and had no problem!

Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, fun cover for my MBPro, July 19, 2011
htlcrtk (Los Gatos, CA) - See all my reviews
I very much like and appreciate my mcover for my 13" MBPro. It clicked right on and fits perfectly. Since purchasing it, I have spotted what would have been three nasty scratches on my book, but instead the cover bore the brunt. I have seen no problems with overheating, and I appreciate the little legs that pop up. The fact that this comes in so many colors is the only thing challenging about making the purchase. I still wonder if I should have gone for clear, lime or orange instead of the blue... For my life, it is vastly preferable to the covers where I would have to slip in or out the MacBook. This is much easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Case!!, November 2, 2010
I have this case in Clear, Green and Blue so needless to say that I think that this is an awesome case. It took me about one minute to remove my green case and put on the blue case. It is really sturdy and has protected my 13 inch MacBook Pro for almost one year. Not a scratch in site. The other thing I love about this case is the sleekness. I have a laptop bag that I use and even with the case it fits perfectly. Regarding the colors, the Blue is a beautiful deep, sapphire blue; the green is a true green (not the "neon" green I had hoped for but none the less beautiful color) and finally the clear is great because it doesn't hide the actual silver color of the MacBook. Oh,also, you can still see the Apple logo on the top regardless of the color of the case. Finally, shipping was super speedy.

Rate and Discover Movies