Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on September 5, 2012
I've tried the Speck case and liked it but the plastic was cheapy and cracked easy. I wasn't gonna spend another 50 on a stupid plastic case. I came across this and after looking at the reviews decided the 25 bucks was worth the risk. It's very nice. So clear it's not even noticeable. The fact that it's also a stand that lets the air circulate better from the machine and puts the laptop at an angle is something other companies would charge and extra 15 dollars for. I was happy to see a gelly pad included for free in the package. It also has tiny bumps on each of the corners so that when you place the laptop on its top the plastic case will not scratch. This is a very well thought out product and beats the competition imo. It's more value for your dollar. I will order more colors!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Perfect Case for the Retina MacBook Pro
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2012
I recently bought a rMBP and was adamant in getting protection on it ASAP. I looked at many reviews on covers for the macbook but they all seem to have the common complaint that the case is cheaply made. Cases either broke before arrival of simply through a few months use, I plan on keeping this baby for years to come so I needed a quality product.

However, after having done some more digging I stumbled on the mCover website and was hooked. They had great reviews all across the boards, so I figured I would be in great hands. So, a week later my mCover A1398 case arrived and it was shipped in a bubble mailer with more then enough protection, where as other cases not so much. Putting the case on was a snap, literally. I just placed the top on, reversed, aligned the back and presto!

The front cover has four raised bumps, which I am fine with as they are not too noticeable. They seem to allow the front cover to be raised if it's ever placed down and somehow prevent scratches or they could just be injections when the case was molded/created. I also, would like to add that the color is not really clear but it is a tad bit foggy, just a bit with a nice matted feel. This includes the bottom as well.

My only grip is the keyboard that came with the case. It is just plain ugly! The keyboard is clears and extends a bit past the keyboard on all four sides, covering the speakers by about 3-4 cm. I really don't care too much about is as it was free, but e[...]

Overall this is a great product and a great investment. If I ever get another macbook I know from whom I am getting my cover ;)
on August 30, 2012
The case is one of the best I have purchased for my Macbook Pro with Retina Display. Very thin, light, and is well thought out.

For example, there is a lot of ventilation spots on the bottom part of the case, which allows the bottom case to cool off faster. Furthermore, there is two pieces of plastic that allows you to raise the back part of the computer up, which allows me to use the keyboard better! It doesn't add much bulk to the laptop at all-- I think its still thinner than a normal Macbook Pro! And the best part is the fact that it was cheaper than most cases out there!

In the end, I would definitely recommend purchasing the product! You're in it for the case, and that is a great 5 star product!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2012
This hard-shell cover really does a nice job protecting the surface of my new Macbook Pro Retina Display model. The cover leaves all of the ports easy to access and provides nice lift to the machine when I extend the legs for typing. Plus the clear finish leaves the beauty of the machine evident. I highly recommend this product!
on January 12, 2013
I purchased the clear case so my skin (Energy Blossom Design Protector Skin Decal Sticker for Apple MacBook Pro 15 inch with Retina Display (Backlit Keyboard, released in Mid 2012)) would still be visible. I posted pictures so you can see how that turned out.

I have had the case on for 2 days now. I honestly do not notice that it is even on. I guess that the case does increase the weight of the laptop but not enough that I would pass on the case. A few more ounces of weight is better than the possibility of me scratching/denting my expensive laptop.

One thing that can be a negative is that the included installation instructions aren't very detailed; basically they read "snap on bottom and top." I only knew to slide the bottom on from the back before snapping it in place from looking up video reviews of the product before purchasing it. But in the end not so much of a negative that I would take any stars away.

I love the flip up legs on the bottom of the case. They were the factor that made me purchase this case instead others.

Shipping was great! With my Prime account I received it the day after ordering it.

I would definitely recommend purchasing this case a MacBook Pro 15-inch with Retina Display.

As a side note it came with a clear keyboard cover and a stylus which I was not expecting. The keyboard cover was too big for my keyboard and overlapped my skin. I tried to use it but when it stuck to the screen I decided to take it off. I didn't take away any stars since it was not listed in the item description and I was not purchasing the case to get it. I'm not too sure what to do with the stylus but I'll save it just in case.
review image review image review image review image review image
on September 10, 2012
Received this product today and am very happy with it. It fits my MacBookPro Retina perfectly and is easy to install. The raised feet in the back provide a good typing angle for long-time writing and the two soft tabs in the front hold the computer in place so it does not slip.
Well-designed, practical and reasonably-priced product.

A keyboard skin and soft stylus was included. I can use the stylus on my iPad but the skin is not a perfect fit and I will use the Uppercase Ultra Thin Clear skin that I ordered with the cover.
on August 13, 2012
After dropping my previous (6 years old now) MacBook Pro multiple times and mutilating it's good looks, I was determined to get a "perfect" case for my rMBP.
After searching for weeks, finally found the mCover Hard Shell case.

Fits perfectly, works perfectly, looks pretty good, more than ample cooling, folding feet a nice feature, good all around protection. Won't save your precious from a 10 foot drop onto a concrete floor, but minor dents and low drops will be fine.

Highly recommended!
on April 7, 2013
This was a great looking and functional case until I had to take it off. I went to take it off to remove a hair embedded underneath and the side cracked easily -- right next to the edge that holds the case in place. Clearly a design flaw, be careful taking the case on and off. Might be perfect if you never need to take off the case; however this is likely eventuality for all users.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
This 20 buck piece of trash definitely decreases the form factor of the Macbook Pro Retina. This aesthetic issue is tolerable but what was not was the fact that the hard plastic tabs on the bottem piece are uncomfortably hard and sharp so they did into your wrists when you type. After using this for about 20 minutes I decided to try to remove it. Here is where the fun started. There is no easy way to take off this cover. Even being gentle and working on the tabs, I noticed that it was actually pulling apart the metal panes of my MacBook! This cheap junk almost ruined my $2K computer, Major buyers remorse. Stay away
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse