Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on September 26, 2013
I ordered an 808 #26 1080p keychain.They sent me a 720x480 SD keychain which is worth $8. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I asked the seller to just send me the correct device that I ordered, but they wouldn't and instead refunded my money. They said the reason they could not send me the product I oredered was because it was out of stock.

Here's the email:

"
I'm sorry to hear that. Items look all the same, so we made a mistake and we sent you $8 one instead of 808 #26. We will refund you because 808 #26 1080p is out of stock.
"

LIARS! It is shown as in stock, as of today, 09-27-2013, the same day they sent me that email.

This seller is very shady. I wish Amazon would ban them from selling here.
1212 comments46 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2013
Quality is awesome! Very rugged and survived a Life In Color Event with ease even after getting soaked with paint. Maybe I was lucky..??.. This is the first 808 cam that actually works like it says!! When compared to the Mobius cam, this one does NOT have any kind of fisheye effect and the video quality is a tad better I think. The Mobius is just slightly better in dark lighting because of the size of the lens, (making the 808 much easier to conceal, hell even laying on a desk it still looks like a car keychain). The ability to record at 60fps at 720p is great for fast moving objects. You can turn the blinking led for recording off if you want which is great because the cam does get pretty warm while recording so you will know what its doing even without the led. Makes an awesome hand warmer while standing in line at shows in cold weather! Another thing, I was walking outside at night with no light around hardly and still recording...After viewing it, I was like..This thing can see in dim lighting better than I can...No kidding!

Record and charge times..
When dead I can completely charge it in 15 minutes using a 2 amp cell phone charger.

The 808 26 cam has a 500ma battery. Most ordinary usb ports are 500ma. Thus a full charge in about an hour. So my 2amp or 2000ma cell phone charger will charge it to full in about 15 minutes. A 1amp or 1000ma charger would do it in about 30 minutes. Just do the math.

Now for record times..
1920x1080 30fps = about 66 minutes using just over 6 gigs of space, without audio. (Yes you can turn audio on or off).
1368x720 60fps = exactly 45 minutes for whatever reason. Don't remember space used.
1368x720 30fps = who cares. It would be a space and battery saver but not by a whole lot.
All video is butter smooth. firmware upgradable. Very customizable using set out tools. Does NOT yet do photos. You must use a pin or something to get sd card in and out so you WILL NOT loose an sd card accidently.

Is this thing worth 100 bucks? You dam right it is! Just be sure to use a class 10 micro sd card. I got the Sandisk ultra 32gig class 10. Videos are standard H264 avi files and can play on your pc or Android phone without any type of editing at all. I got a Galaxy S4 and can just pop the sd card in to the phone and watch instantly as well.

1 YEAR UPDATE............... The cam works still just fine. HOWEVER, the battery dies gradually after each charge. After about 150 or so charge cycles, the battery needs to be replaced. After about 8 months mine has a record time of about 11 min now on a full charge. There is not a replacement battery yet anywhere BUT I DID FIND A REPLACMENT CHARGE/DATA CORD! [...]
22 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2014
I ordered the 808 #26 for what I thought was a really good price but, the joke was on me. First of all I thought that I was getting the product from Tyso USA. I found out it was coming from China, I could deal with that. When I opened the package the box looked used although it was advertised as new,not a problem. What I do have a problem with is tricking people. Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining!! This is not what you said it was. It's not a lot of money, it is the principal of the thing. I don't think Amazon is at fault here. It's these outside vendors trying to get over. They might need to cut ties with this group if they are not going to do honest business. Looks like I'm not the only one this happened to.
Anyway, don't order one of these cameras because you don't know where it will come from and what you will actually get.
22 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2014
Instead of receiving the advertised item, I received an inferior model, which isn't even capable of recording 720p. Maximum resolution of video is 640x480.
I tried to identify the model and version, but none of the available 808 utilities were able to recognize it. So I doubt it is a genuine "808".
22 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2014
I was shipped an 808 camera but not the model #26 1080P full HD camera with the car looping video feature that I ordered. The box says the image format is 640 x 480 which differs from the instructions that says the image format is 720 x 480. Regardless, neither format is 1080P. Plus there is no mention of the car looping feature in the instructions or on the box. Since there is no model number or symbols of any kind on the outside of the camera case it is a guess as to what model I was actually sent. I'd try returning it to China but it isn't worth my time. Also Amazon said it shipped on a Tuesday but it really shipped days later.
on March 4, 2014
I just got the key chain 808 #26 that i ordered on 2/21/14. i was so disappointed as soon as i open the box. i recognized the product right away that it was not the 808 #26 since i have already 2 of those old models a few years ago. anyways, what the seller sent me was a 480P key chain camera and not the 1080P camera as advertised. i don't even know why amazon keep this seller active in the website. i would not recommend buying from this seller TYSO USA.
44 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2014
False Advertising and they know! ITS *480p!! They clamed 1080p. false advertising & they know what they doing! don't buy from them.
on October 15, 2013
I got this to use as a dash cam, and it worked great for that purpose until I made a boneheaded move and used a cable from a Nikon camera I had to charge it. Long story short, when I went to use it next, it was VERY hot and the device was fried. The pinouts for this type of USB cable are NOT standard, and if you use one that didn't come with the camera, you risk being out a $100 camera. More info on this can be found here.
[...]
on March 2, 2014
I ordered an 808 #26 1080p keychain.They sent me a 808 Car Key Chain Spy Camera Recorder 720*480 TF - Knock off.

The item arrived and did nit work. Does not charge or turn on to any mode but it will blink a yellow light continuously.

I asked the seller to just send me the correct device that I ordered, but they wouldn't and instead refunded my money. They said we have issued a refund without return please give us a five star rating. It's Obvious they are well prepared for the fall out.

I hop this helps someone.
on March 6, 2014
just opened the box and its an older version. Not sure which one. Two screws on the back tells me its an older model.

The price sure jumped since I ordered in Feb. I paid like 10$ now 99 bucks and from a different seller. It is or was a scam.

Thankfully it was only a 10$ scam. By looking at the reviews I see I am not alone. Buyer beware.
through. Just
Update. it does not even work. Constantly have to reset it to turn off.

Also after reviewing some of the other earlier reviews that lead me to believe this was a good deal, I see that they more than likely did receive the correct camera, but at the price of 99$. ??

I always check out the reviews before I make a purchase. Not sure how Amazon lets something like this get through.

Just wasted a Christmas gift card on this and a the little card that records your videos.

Also they are still selling on Amazon With what looks to be good feed back. Check it out.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_fb?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&seller=AX3BGG4VU143K#