$70 for a $20 toy are they kidding???? what is with these hugh price differences?? Why the big jump in price there Amazon and Wizard Entertainment???????? This retails for $20 at fisher price.com and you can get it for that at target or walmart. Don't buy from amazon!!!! What a joke. It seems like everything sold on amazon isn't actually sold by amazon anymore. Shame on you amazon.
asked by MommyS on December 26, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I actually called Fisher Price and the cookie puzzle is on their 2008 line up so not being discontinued yet. The rep I talked to was trying to help me find one online since none of the Kohls listed on FP site locally actually had any in. He was surprised at the puzzle being sold for $155 since he said the suggested retail price for the item was listed for $15. Outrageous indeed! I do not think it was coincidence when the very next day happened to see it being sold by Target (on Amazon) for $15 plus tax in place of the previous seller selling the item for $155. I have twin babies and had to run out so couldn't continue purchasing the item until later that night, but it was too late. When I went to checkout there were only two left and before I could finish they were sold out! Then the price went back up to $155 by the previous seller. So to me its all a game, and for what?! A plastic BABY toy made in china with very little play life? I don't see a 3 year old playing with something like this. I was wanting to buy it for my twins first birthday, to teach them shapes and to manipulate puzzle pieces...That's what the toy was made for, intended for. Its the market, sellers and these ridiculous games that are played that some of us mothers are left out because we in our right minds are not willing to bend to the whims of a corrupt market.

The perfect example of this is Webkins. Now of course my daughter wants all the retired, hard to find ones. I tell her sorry, I'm not paying $49.99 for a Whimsical Dragon. She was so sad when we left Postal Annex! Imagine my surprise when buying a Birthday card at Hallmark and my daughter actually sees a dragon listed for $14.99. Dare I ask if the price is correct?! It was! I told the district manager about the one being sold at Postal Annex for $49.99. She said that Hallmark does not buy, hold on to and then up the prices like some of the other sellers. To me this says wonderful things about the Hallmark company and I will be buying from them again.
aksrebekah answered on July 31, 2008
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Actually, couldn't find this product any where but amazon, so if I had to pay a little more then so be it. Satisfied customer.
K. Parker answered on June 12, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i totally agree. prices are either a steal or down right crazy. i can't find the fisher price cookie puzzle anywhere but amazon. the suggested retail price is 15 dollars but is 155 dollars here. i contacted the seller but surprise surprise haven't got a word back. seems to me someone needs to go to jail over these prices.
aksrebekah answered on July 9, 2008

A
the cookie puzzle is discontinued and therefore now there is only one or two for sale on the whole internet. do you know how big the internet is? so, why would anyone sell it for $15? haven't you heard of supply and demand? People shouldn't go to jail over these prices, that's just silly to even say. If you don't have the money to pay those prices noone is forcing you to. But someone will come along who has the money and will pay $155 for an item that is NO WHERE else to be found and they will be happy to have found the last one on the internet & the seller will be happy too. As far as the learning puppy goes when it's all dried up and sold out everywhere, there will be plenty of people who won't blink at paying crazy prices just to have it. You don't have to be that person but there's no need to judge the people who sell it or the people who will pay those prices and are happy to have it at all!
Chelsea answered on July 25, 2008

A
This may be helpful. Right now from Amazon.com, the L&L Learning Puppy is only $21.79 with no shipping and handling and the Cookie Shape Surprise #L5846, if this is the one you're trying to track down, is $14.99 with no shipping and handling. What can get confusing is that Amazon hosts other e-tailers and they, not Amazon, typically can have prices that are higher. (Just make sure the "ship and sold by" is Amazon.com, not some other retailer.) My experience is that Amazon.com has great prices and with no shipping and handling on most items, it's still the best place to purchase.
PDX Mom answered on August 4, 2008

A
No, its unfortenenly not, but thanks. We already have the Cookie Shape Surprise. I need the puzzle. HotToys2008 is selling (on Amazon) the Learning Puppy AND the Cookie Puzzle together but for $149.95!!!!!!! No way...

I love Amazon, dont get me wrong. Its wonderful! I just dont like some of the sellers prices! ;)
aksrebekah answered on August 4, 2008
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product