what kind of popcorn needs to be used for this popper? what kind of popcorn needs to be used with this popper? Any type or a special hot air popcorn? Thx
asked by Flora Atieno on September 23, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
You can use any popcorn in this popper. Of course, don't choose the prepared microwave popcorn. Just the yellow or white kernels that usually come in plastic bags. I use Orville Redenbachers; it comes in a clear plastic container with a screw on lid. I had some very old Orville Redenbacher's popcorn. Instead of throwing it away, I added about 1 tsp water to the container, shook it up real good & put it in the refriegerator. It worked perfectly in the popper; popped big and fluffy. Delicious!
Lynn answered on March 15, 2007
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have seen directions on popcorn that say if you're using it in an air popper to turn the popper on for 1-2 minutes before adding the popcorn. I've had good results using regular popcorn following those directions (heating up the popper before adding the popcorn). Be sure to take off the plastic cover before heating up the popper though, or else it'll get really hot.
GracieLou731 answered on May 31, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›