Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Let us all say a kind thank you and goodbye to Nintendo Power!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 27, 2012 9:16:54 AM PDT
I was happy to get my Nintendo Power in the mail today. It was in plastic thought, which was odd. I looked through the rest of the mail, then got to the magazine. I found out that December 2012 will be the ast issue of the magazine. I was bumbed out. Nintendo Power is the only magazine I get. I guess I will have to start getting Game Informer. I much more like reading about one specific system, I used to like EGM though, so G.I. will be great. Oh well, I'm sad to see them go but G.I. is a great magazine as well. Thank you Nintendo Power for all the information you gave me.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 9:15:31 AM PDT
This is one of my favorite periodicals of all time. I have read them since the first. I will miss you Nintendo Power and will continue to read your articles from days past.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 8:56:24 AM PDT
ChrisLtd says:
I am not afraid to admit that this magazine if among my most favorite reads. Even though I can get about the same info online, it is always refreshing to take the time to relax and enjoy reading news on your games at your leisure. Nintendo power, you will be dearly missed.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:59:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 7:59:56 PM PST
John says:
Was a great magazine back in the day before computers in every housefold and the Internet. These days, you end up knowing everyhing before the magazine can even get to Print. Things change all the time and what's printed in the monthly magazine may end up being incorrect by the time you get it via a subscription and easily by the time it's on newsstands. The good old days of using these magazines for cheats, reviews and interviews has become trivial to outright meaningless with entire web sites, blogs and video channels dedicated to such content. With the inclusion of Online Marketplaces for the latest consoles and handhelds, the exclusive discs and content is also put to rest.

Personally, these Official Gaming Magazines should follow the 3rd party sites and simply setup shop as an online outfit using their connections and resources to get exclusive inside information and generate revenue from advertising like everybody else.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 9:26:24 AM PST
I think Nintendo Power should have just went digital. With the new Wii U game pad, it seems like a cool way to read stuff. Oh well, I enjoyed it while I did.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:55:50 AM PST
Having been a constant subscriber since 1996, Im actually glad its going, Future US hasnt managed it well. Personally, I've averaged and least 2 missing issues every year, and they never have replacements available.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:06:16 AM PST
*bows in respect*

Nintendo Power was the first Video game Magazine I ever had a Subscription to. It taught me the wonders of Mario RPG, Banjo-Kazooie and many others.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 5:19:32 PM PST
Tboi says:
Wow, i was subscirbed to nintendo power back in the 80s when I got my NES. Ah, the good old days,.... Contra, Ikari Warriors, Zelda 2, Ninja Gaiden. Those were the best of times!!!

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 4:05:52 PM PST
WolfPup says:
In a way nintendo power was canned years ago...though Future I think has done a surprisingly good job with it.

Both canning the original and this Nintendo Power I think is a symptom of neo-Nintendo post the old guy...just less care about games and more about business and gimmicks.

I'll miss it-I've bought more than a couple obscure games for Nintendo platforms that I wouldn't have even known existed if not for Nintendo Power reviews! I'm kind of sad that I don't have the whole run...I got maybe 2/3 the original issues, and the last few years of Future, but I don't think I have any of them anymore.

Going to keep the last issue though :(

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 5:07:16 PM PST
I have like 125 coming. haha I was so lucky to win a bid of 100 Nintendo Power, 9 Nintendo Power strategy guides and the person said they would throw 10 additional magazines in just because. I got them for less than $200. How lucky is that? Plus I won 16 more from another seller. Four sets of Four. I also won 25, 14, and some others. I have been lucky and only got one or two that I already had. I can not wait until Monday or Tuesday when I get all 100 and something.

I found a great metal, black cabinet at a thrift store for $10!!!! It is the longest I've seen. So far, all my Nintendo Power fit in the bottom. I have over 100 of them. I will just read one every few months.

I also won some Electronic Gaming Monthly. That used to be my favorite magazine. I didn't like the new version. So after I have gotten all the Nintendo Power, I will go for EGM! Thank you ebay sellers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 7:40:44 AM PST
WolfPup says:
I wish EGM was still out of Chicago...disappointed that it moved to California. I think it's awesome Game Informer is MN!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Sep 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about