Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
kindle 2 battery do you have to have a special tool to replace it?
asked by Donald D. Cook on December 12, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
My kindle is 13 months old so just out of guarantee!!
While on holiday it froze, would not turn on would not charge. Eventually I got a charge to work and found all my archived books had disappeared. It then worked for about 1 hour but after I swithed off it was frozen again. I've since managed to get another charge onto the battery and rediscovered my archived books but after using it for 30 minutes and swithching off............ite frozen again. This sounds to me like either a duff battery or an intermittent circuit fault with the power module.

Anyone with the same problem?
Mr. Duncan McKenzie answered on February 11, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just informed by a Battery seller that the Kindle 2 must have a S11S01B (Lithium Polymer) to work properly. There are alot of sellers selling S11S01A (Lithium-Ion) for the Kindle2. I bought 2 and they did not charge nor would the Kindle2 work even when plugged in. So be sure to check the number of unit being sold to assure it is S11S01B
Leland L. Bottomley answered on January 17, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How do I get the cover off to get at the battery of my Kindle--Model 000901. The message on front is "your battery is empty" I hadn't used it for a while, and doesn't seem to be able torecharge.
Shirley C. Johnson answered on March 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product