Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Outdoor Deals on HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2009 10:18:58 AM PST
H. Brodeur says:
is there a way to give kindle books as a gift to someone who has a kindle?

Posted on Nov 30, 2009 12:20:53 PM PST
CLB77 says:

You'd need to give them a gift card. In order to send a specific book to their kindle, you'd need to share an account.

Posted on Jun 6, 2010 9:25:59 PM PDT
There should be a way to send digital books as gifts without sharing accounts... giving gift cards doesn't have the same effect as it can be used for anything.

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 5:55:20 AM PDT
A. G. Isaac says:
Is there *still* no way to send digital books as gifts without sharing accounts?? Come on Amazon, it's almost 2011!

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 6:34:23 AM PST
Bob Whitley says:
Sorry, but this is absolutely ridiculous. You just lost another sale...

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 7:40:18 AM PST
I know. The solution seems pretty simple. If you have the email address of the recipient and that email address is tied to their Amazon account (both of which you'd have to learn before purchasing) then Amazon should provide a way on checkout to buy the ebook and send it to an alternative email address. This is basic web / database stuff. Not sure why Amazon missed the mark so wide on this one.

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 7:26:22 PM PST
You can now give kindle books as gifts without buying gift cards. you do need to know the person's email address though. you just pull up the ebook and choose give as gift.

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 6:12:31 AM PDT
I am giving my mother a kindle, and I want to load it with a few books before I give it to her. How do I go about that? I dont want to give her a gift card, and I want her Kindle to have books on it when she receives it. I have the Kindle now. How can i get some books loaded on it before I wrap it up, and send it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2011 6:52:20 AM PDT
How do you share an account? I want to preload my mother's birthday present with some books. I dont want to send your emails, etc. will "sharing" an account fix that?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2011 5:21:53 AM PDT
S. Cameron says:
How, specifically? And what if they don't have an Amazon account but they buy Kindle books through someone else's account.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 8:40:46 AM PST
G. Henderson says:
Wow! The answers to all these issues and the authorized procedure is here:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 25, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about