Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Can you plug a kindle into your car for read-aloud? I'm trying to decide if the Kindle is worth the money. Can you plug it into your car's mp3 jack and have it read books to you?
asked by Kristen Foley on September 23, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 answers
A
Yes, you can plug your Kindle using your car stereo's MP3 jack. The Kindle has a text to speak function and it plays through the stereo just like an MP3. I do this all the time! :)
J. Vasquez answered on June 2, 2009
Comment | 12 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
P. Gallant answered on December 17, 2008
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You would probably need a "AUX" input to be able to listen to the books since cars usually are just able to read the iPod USB.
Brandy D. Scheidecker answered on May 27, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
osmosis6 answered on October 10, 2011
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i also listen to kindle in the car. i do get some audio books because there is just some books that are to good for the text to speech. i use a plug from my "car lighter" to the kindle and it hasa thing on it where you pick a station and it goes through the speackers. and its as loud and crisp as your stereo is!
A. Delmege answered on February 11, 2011
Comment (1) | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You might also need a "headphone amplifier" since the kindle audio output signal is not very strong. This one should do the trick - I'm about to order it for myself.Fiio E3 Headphone Amp

Without the amplifier, you might be able to hear it OK with the volume turned full blast - it works that way on one of my cars. But on my other car, I can't get enough volume - it is actually louder with the Kindle unplugged playing through its own speakers on the seat next to me.
burtronix answered on July 7, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What MP3 player should I buy to do this as this is what I want to do?

Ellen from Conneeticut
Barbara answered on June 10, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Does the voice sound funny or is it like a book on tape with enthusiastic reading?
Nicole Carabelli answered on December 2, 2010
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
is it stilted or does it sound like an audio book
Amazon Customer answered on December 11, 2010

A
the text-to-speech feature sounds nothing like an audio book - it is a computer voice. it doesn't have a natural speech rhythm, but you get used to it.

i have used it in the car, but the volume from the kindle speakers wasn't loud enough to hear clearly over the hum of the engine without holding the kindle next to my head, which obviously isn't the safest habit (not that that has prevented me from doing it on hours-long drives). thus my interest in this post!
diesel answered on February 9, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product