Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 8, 2012 9:59:40 AM PDT
ASH says:
All the kindle cook-books I've purchased lack a good set of hyper-links in the contents and index. I hate having to go through the book page-by-page to find what I'm looking for. Cookbooks really need an working index and the ability to search for ingredients. I'm not going to more kindle cook books until I know the index works. I use the kindle online reader and the android reader.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 11:25:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 27, 2012 11:44:03 PM PDT
All you have to do is open the sample e-book & go to the TOC - if it is all black & doesn't look like you can click on it, then it does not have a linkable TOC, but if it looks like you can (usually, the TOC is in blue writing, but could be a different color), then it has a linkable TOC.

As for this eBook, it looks like it does. I am going to buy it as soon as I am done writing this.

I do not buy any eBook w/o a linkable TOC - it's doable w/o one, you can just Bookmark whatever & that makes it a bit easier, but to get to those gems, you have to go through the whole eBook practically.

I learned to do this very early on when I was still new to eBooks & bought some cookbooks without the linkable TOC.

If you make a mistake & buy an eBook w/o a linkable TOC, you have 7 days from purchase to get a refund.

ETA: Just bought it & yes, it does have a linkable TOC.

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 10:27:20 AM PDT
B. Snyder says:
You do know Kindles have a feature to search inside books, don't you? I'm sure the apps must as well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Forks Over Knives-The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Plant-Based Eating All Through the Year
Forks Over Knives-The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Plant-Based Eating All Through the Year by Del Sroufe
4.4 out of 5 stars   (895)