Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ty Dolla Sign egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 23, 2006 2:06:02 PM PST
I recently bought KISS ALIVE and i loved it. What is the next KISS CD that I should buy?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2006 1:59:51 PM PDT
Love Gun

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2006 8:23:20 PM PDT
ALive is awesome since it covers the first three albums. Alive II covers the next three (Destroyer, Rock n Roll OVer, and Love Gun). Overall in terms of classic Kiss songs, Alive I and II would be all you need. If I had one choice, it would be ALive, which you have. Second choice would depend on wanting a compilation of albums (greatest hits) or a single album. Compilation I would say Greatest Kiss or The Very Best of Kiss. If it ws a single album, I would go with Destroyer. Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2007 9:03:24 PM PDT
G. Rossetti says:
One of my friends recently attended a lecture with Eddie Kramer, the producer of the "Alive" album. What he learned was the only thing "live" about the album is the drums. The guitars and vocals were redone in a studio after the fact because the music was played so badly it was un-salvageable. I just thought this was interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2008 5:52:24 AM PDT
J. Crawford says:
Destroyer is widely regarded as Kiss' best studio album. Rock and Roll Over, Love Gun, Alive II, and their first album all rock.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2008 4:11:46 PM PDT
EJS says:
why is it when i see KISS play live they jam just fine, yet i keep hearing/reading how their live albums are not live due to bad playing? and the really "interesting" thing about this claim is a) why would a highly respected producer like Kramer involve himself in such a fraud and continue to work with the band for years afterwards and b) peter criss' drumming is, even a KISS fan would admit, the least redeeming feature of KISS' overall musical ability; so how in the world is it that the drumming is the only thing live from this album? remember, a lot of people believed that that kid from the cereal commercials died from eating pop-rocks and soda...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2008 3:31:37 PM PDT
Brian Olson says:
The truth is, they overdubbed SOME parts, like almost every band does today. KISS used to move around even more than they do now, and being that the microphones are stationary, at certain points during the show you just don't make it back to the mic in time to get the first word of the next line... it was things like that mostly that were fixed... because while during a live performace that you can SEE, it doesn't matter if he missed the first word because he might have been jumping five feet in the air... but when you can't see it... it just doesn't reflect the feeling as well... ALIVE 1 was about re-creating the KISS live experience for the kids at home... and it delivers even today... so who cares....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2009 6:53:57 AM PDT
sabace says:
yes kramer has been a different version everytime he is asked , strangely enough he did'nt record the overdubs himself , this was completed by neal tealman while kramer mixed the record ! according to tealman the corrections he dealt with were minor ! whom should we believe !

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 6:46:02 PM PST
set up some mic's pick up a guitar run around for two hours while bombs go off and try to sing while dancing and performing trying to keep 25,000 people entertained ...then listen back to it .... you will have the answer .....if anyone thinks a high energy band putting on a full show with pyro in some hockey arena made for sports will sound like a classic Pavarotti recording done in an acoustically designed hall while standing still they are wrong ...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 23, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Alive! [2 CD Remastered]
Alive! [2 CD Remastered] by Kiss (Audio CD - 1997)
4.6 out of 5 stars (315)