can this knife be used clipped to a belt for hunting and how well does it hold an edge?
asked by A. Byers on December 22, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
votes
The knife can be clipped to a belt, I recommend clipping it around the back though, as the handle will get in the way. It holds an edge better than any other knife you'll find in this price range, it's made with high grade surgical steel, but you will need to sharpen it occasionally. I killed a wolf that tried to attack me and it worked well.
Richard B. Roland III answered on December 22, 2012

A
vote
The knife has an excellent sheath and belt clip. It is made of thick black leather and steel that fits the knife perfectly. The knife's handle is almost longer than the blade which make's it ride very high on your hip because the sheath's clip is positioned by the blade and not the handle. The blade steel is adequate for personal protection but not utility purposes. Fit and finish is excellent.
Z. Smith answered on December 24, 2012

A
vote
clip it to the inside of a belt loop horizontally at the small of your back (following all concealed carry laws of your state of course), that's how I carried this knife for several years.
Ryan Stephenson answered on December 13, 2013

A
votes
Yes it can be clipped to a belt but I prefer the boot as it is uncomfortable sitting. It holds a good edge as I have used mine and it is still sharp
Ray answered on December 22, 2012

A
votes
Yes can be clipped to a belt, this knife is really meant to be a stabber. I have mine clipped to my boot as a last defense scenario.
russle the love muscle answered on December 22, 2012

A
votes
Yes, it can be clipped to a belt but it rides a little high. Seems to hold an edge very well, especially for a 15 dollar blade. You won't be disappointed.
Indicat answered on December 23, 2012

A
votes
This knife, from my experience, seems to hold an edge quite well. As to whether or not you can clip it to your belt, I don't know that it would work very for that, unless you had a rather large belt; let me say though that I can't really say 100% though, I've never tried using it as a belt knife. All Hope this helps.
jdh1781 answered on December 23, 2012

A
votes
Yes, the sheath has a nice clip on it. I am not certain how well it holds an edge yet as I haven't used it much to this point. It is pretty sharp out of the box though.
Bear DJ 2 answered on December 24, 2012

A
votes
yes, and the edge has held for several weeks now. Great deal for this price and quality.
a rod answered on December 26, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›