Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
The New iPad? I know it says it in the product title, but I just want to make sure this will fit the new iPad (3rd generation)?
asked by Todd Smith on March 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 answers
A
Yeah, I would like to know that as well. Guess will have to wait until the new iPad comes out.
Mark M. Magers answered on March 9, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would like to know that too.
Rahul answered on March 14, 2012

A
The new iPad fits fine. I just got it today and it fits perfectly.
Todd Smith answered on March 16, 2012

A
Here's the problem. I was browsing the official Apple support forums and someone figured out it was a polarity problem. Simply put, iPad 3 is polarity-sensitive while the iPad 2 isn't.

Here's the site explaning it. I did not write this up.

http://markshangout.com/blog/2012/3/17/ipad-3-smart-cover-sleepwake-feature-not-working.html
J. Fennell answered on March 18, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mark, I can conform that the magnets do not work for the sleep/wake function. I tested this out and found it didn't work. That's really the only gripe I have about it right now. The case does stay closed though. Other than that I really like it.
Todd Smith answered on March 16, 2012

A
Awesome, thanks for letting us know Todd.
Mark M. Magers answered on March 16, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, thanks.
Rahul answered on March 16, 2012

A
Todd, I was reading some of the "newest first" reviews and it looks like the magnet that puts the iPad to sleep does not work with this case. Are you able to confirm that? I'm expecting my new iPad to be delivered on Monday the 20th and I'm still trying to make a decision on some of the cases available.

A
As posted above, the fit is perfect. However, the sleep function does not work. Sadly I'll be returning it until they fix the issue. The quality of the cover is amazing and I can say I was very happy using it on my iPad2.
D. Kingsley answered on March 16, 2012

A
Copy that. The case looks nice and was really considering getting it; however, I would definitely want the sleep/ wake feature to work with the case. I guess I will continue shopping around. Thank you guys both for the information. Much appreciated.
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product