4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value
Published on June 10, 2012 by HappyShopping

1.0 out of 5 stars Brushed Shed
The brushes shed. I have purchased E.l.f products in stores and never had that problem before. I am not sure why buying them in a set would make them less quality.
Published 8 months ago by kristen phillips

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, June 10, 2012
This review is from: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set (Misc.)
This is indeed good value, $12 for 12 makeup brushes. Each brush has its name/use stamped on the handle and each clear plastic pack comes with description on usage, great for newbies. Read through packagings, they are made in China but couldn't find the material so I guessed synthetic. I washed all of them before use with a brush cleaner and dried them lying flat. 10 brushes (the denser, short and firm ones eg foundation brush, defining eye brush, shadow brush, blending brush etc) retained their shape and no shedding and felt really soft on the face. But the total face brush shed some, and the shape is not exactly a nice round dome, in fact its fairly uneven, like some1 snipped at it with a scissors. I took a pic but regret unable to load it. The bronzing brush, shed a few strands but the brush head flared out. I slipped them both into the brush guards (available from Amazon) and after 24 hrs, brushes kinda 'close' back a bit. Both brushes felt mildly scratchy on the face unlike the others in the set. Hope they won't shed again by the next wash. In general, still very good value, for the remaining 10 brushes. Better than some drug store/generic brushes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, December 22, 2011
This review is from: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set (Misc.)
I use almost all of them when I makeup myself, each one of them is so usefull, specially the small ones for my eyes and eyebrows. I recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, September 19, 2013
This review is from: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set (Misc.)
Amazing brushes, I bought them for my teenage daughter and was so impressed I ordered another set for myself. Great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, November 20, 2012
This review is from: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set (Misc.)
Definitely a good value for what you get. A dollar a brush is very, VERY inexpensive in the world of makeup brushes (considering high-end brushes can go for $22 a piece) but considering the ridiculously low price they are actually decent quality! I bought these for a friend of mine who is just starting to learn how to apply makeup... I gave these to her in conjunction w/ an ELF makeup kit that has application instructions. This is a great beginner's kit because each brush is labeled so the user will know exactly how to utilize each brush. Would have been nice to have some sort of kit to put the brushes in, but for the money how much can I ask for? Overall, I was satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the assortment, November 20, 2013
This review is from: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set (Misc.)
Great set here, you get all you need and then some. I bought this set for halloween makeup and decided that most of the brushes I needed to incorporate into my daily routine!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, December 12, 2013
This review is from: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set (Misc.)
Bought these as a gift for my niece. They come individually wrapped, and marked as to what they do. I hope she loves them!

1.0 out of 5 stars Brushed Shed, November 26, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, January 18, 2014
This review is from: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set (Misc.)
Guys dont buy!!! Besides the fact that it sheds, people forgot to mention that the brushes are NOT SOFT AT ALL!! They literally hurt my face!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars condition, February 28, 2013
This review is from: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set (Misc.)
these are alright brushes...good for the price but make sure you condition them. and then eyeliner brush is a joke. do not buy these for that brush

5.0 out of 5 stars great set on a budget, October 18, 2013
This review is from: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set (Misc.)
as much as I'd like to go out & get those expensive brushes, I can't afford it. these are just as good & so much cheaper. yeah, the bronzer/blush brush could be better but hey, its cheap!

e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set