Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: e.l.f. Cosmetics 12 Piece Brush Set
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: e.l.f. Professional Complete Set of 12 B|Change

on June 10, 2012
This is indeed good value, $12 for 12 makeup brushes. Each brush has its name/use stamped on the handle and each clear plastic pack comes with description on usage, great for newbies. Read through packagings, they are made in China but couldn't find the material so I guessed synthetic. I washed all of them before use with a brush cleaner and dried them lying flat. 10 brushes (the denser, short and firm ones eg foundation brush, defining eye brush, shadow brush, blending brush etc) retained their shape and no shedding and felt really soft on the face. But the total face brush shed some, and the shape is not exactly a nice round dome, in fact its fairly uneven, like some1 snipped at it with a scissors. I took a pic but regret unable to load it. The bronzing brush, shed a few strands but the brush head flared out. I slipped them both into the brush guards (available from Amazon) and after 24 hrs, brushes kinda 'close' back a bit. Both brushes felt mildly scratchy on the face unlike the others in the set. Hope they won't shed again by the next wash. In general, still very good value, for the remaining 10 brushes. Better than some drug store/generic brushes.
44 comments|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
For the price of $12 I couldn't go wrong with these brushes. Done feel really good and work great on the sun but sine if the brushes are sort of rough.. Again can't really complain for $12 n plus I'm a beginner using these brushes so yes I would rate them a 4 (RATING A 4 ONLY FOR BEGINNERS but MAYBE A 2 FOR PEOPLE THAT'S BEEN DOING THE MAKEUP THING FOR A WHILE).

Ok. So I've been having these brushes for about 5 months now and they are still okay but some of them are actually coming off of the stick. There is a silver metal piece that attaches the brushes to the wooden sticks and now they are breaking off the wooden sticks.
review image
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2011
I use almost all of them when I makeup myself, each one of them is so usefull, specially the small ones for my eyes and eyebrows. I recommend them!
on June 1, 2015
A great buy! Great quality 💁🏽
review image
on September 19, 2013
Amazing brushes, I bought them for my teenage daughter and was so impressed I ordered another set for myself. Great buy.
on November 20, 2013
Great set here, you get all you need and then some. I bought this set for halloween makeup and decided that most of the brushes I needed to incorporate into my daily routine!!
on November 20, 2012
Definitely a good value for what you get. A dollar a brush is very, VERY inexpensive in the world of makeup brushes (considering high-end brushes can go for $22 a piece) but considering the ridiculously low price they are actually decent quality! I bought these for a friend of mine who is just starting to learn how to apply makeup... I gave these to her in conjunction w/ an ELF makeup kit that has application instructions. This is a great beginner's kit because each brush is labeled so the user will know exactly how to utilize each brush. Would have been nice to have some sort of kit to put the brushes in, but for the money how much can I ask for? Overall, I was satisfied.
on March 25, 2016
I love the selection of brushes that come in this set, and some are great quality when it comes to application (my favorite is the foundation brush!). But, alas, everything can't be perfect. One of the brushes came apart after using for one week, but simply glued it back on, and it is fine (though it shouldn't have come apart), and the largest brush loses bristles. The tiny brushes work great, so I'm somewhat happy with the set overall.
on October 31, 2015
I love these E.l.f. Cosmetics brushes. I use them every day when I do my makeup. They make the makeup application seem flawless. It looks pretty flawless too! I would definitely recommend these brushes to anyone who wants to have good results with their makeup application. The package was delievered on time and was packaged well. I am pleased with both product and Seller.
on May 20, 2015
I think one of my brushes might have broken within the first week, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Little bit of glue and it was fixed.
The brushes hold together nicely, I rarely find a hair on my face from them ( though it does happen once in a while ) but, if you're a little low on cash and you can't afford a full Sigma set, I suggest getting this one until you can.
No real complaints with it.
Edit; I realised soon after writing this that the stray hairs from the brush started appearing a lot more often. I would not recommend this brush set. It's definitely worth paying more money for their studio set, or going and buying a Real Techniques set. These are stiff, they shed, and they easily break off. The only ones worth getting are their eye brushes. All their face ones, with the exception of the concealer brush, shed like crazy. Just. Keep that all in mind before purchasing.