Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Color: e.l.f. Professional Complete Set of 12 BChange

on June 10, 2012
This is indeed good value, $12 for 12 makeup brushes. Each brush has its name/use stamped on the handle and each clear plastic pack comes with description on usage, great for newbies. Read through packagings, they are made in China but couldn't find the material so I guessed synthetic. I washed all of them before use with a brush cleaner and dried them lying flat. 10 brushes (the denser, short and firm ones eg foundation brush, defining eye brush, shadow brush, blending brush etc) retained their shape and no shedding and felt really soft on the face. But the total face brush shed some, and the shape is not exactly a nice round dome, in fact its fairly uneven, like some1 snipped at it with a scissors. I took a pic but regret unable to load it. The bronzing brush, shed a few strands but the brush head flared out. I slipped them both into the brush guards (available from Amazon) and after 24 hrs, brushes kinda 'close' back a bit. Both brushes felt mildly scratchy on the face unlike the others in the set. Hope they won't shed again by the next wash. In general, still very good value, for the remaining 10 brushes. Better than some drug store/generic brushes.
44 comments137 of 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
For the price of $12 I couldn't go wrong with these brushes. Done feel really good and work great on the sun but sine if the brushes are sort of rough.. Again can't really complain for $12 n plus I'm a beginner using these brushes so yes I would rate them a 4 (RATING A 4 ONLY FOR BEGINNERS but MAYBE A 2 FOR PEOPLE THAT'S BEEN DOING THE MAKEUP THING FOR A WHILE).

Ok. So I've been having these brushes for about 5 months now and they are still okay but some of them are actually coming off of the stick. There is a silver metal piece that attaches the brushes to the wooden sticks and now they are breaking off the wooden sticks.
review image
11 comment52 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2011
I use almost all of them when I makeup myself, each one of them is so usefull, specially the small ones for my eyes and eyebrows. I recommend them!
0Comment32 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2013
Amazing brushes, I bought them for my teenage daughter and was so impressed I ordered another set for myself. Great buy.
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
Great set here, you get all you need and then some. I bought this set for halloween makeup and decided that most of the brushes I needed to incorporate into my daily routine!!
on June 1, 2015
A great buy! Great quality 💁🏽
review image
on November 20, 2012
Definitely a good value for what you get. A dollar a brush is very, VERY inexpensive in the world of makeup brushes (considering high-end brushes can go for $22 a piece) but considering the ridiculously low price they are actually decent quality! I bought these for a friend of mine who is just starting to learn how to apply makeup... I gave these to her in conjunction w/ an ELF makeup kit that has application instructions. This is a great beginner's kit because each brush is labeled so the user will know exactly how to utilize each brush. Would have been nice to have some sort of kit to put the brushes in, but for the money how much can I ask for? Overall, I was satisfied.
0Comment44 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2013
Bought these as a gift for my niece. They come individually wrapped, and marked as to what they do. I hope she loves them!
on January 8, 2015
These are the worst makeup brushes that I have EVER owned. That's saying something, since every other makeup brush that I have owned, I have gotten as a free gift. The eyeshadow brushes were very obviously used - there was eyeshadow still on the brushes. The bristles were falling off in chunks on several of the brushes. The bristles on the brushes that should have been even, were not even close to being even. I am very disappointed in this purchase.
on January 18, 2014
Guys dont buy!!! Besides the fact that it sheds, people forgot to mention that the brushes are NOT SOFT AT ALL!! They literally hurt my face!!!
11 comment18 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse