4.0 out of 5 stars Product was pretty good. Packaging was horrible.
Published on June 9, 2011 by MeMe

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived Broken
I am very disappointed in this project. It arrived completely dirty and dusty from all the broken up makeup palettes. At least four colors are completely missing, and two are mostly missing. I am very disappointed. This might be a good item to buy in a store; but it does not survive shipping.
Published on March 10, 2012 by RAM

4.0 out of 5 stars Product was pretty good. Packaging was horrible., June 9, 2011
MeMe (Bronx, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Misc.)
I did my research on this product before buying. I found a really great and informative review on you tube (...) which made me purchase it right away. I received my package 2 days later and was excited to open it. When I did, about 4 eye shadows were shattered. They also mixed in with the other colors. Amazon was great about the situation and sent me a free replacement without returning the other. I advised them that it needs bubble wrap or some padding to prevent it from banging against the box and messing up. I received package number 2 and this time only 2 eye shadows were messed up (no bubble wrap). Be prepared to clean up when you receive your eyeshadows.

Eyeshadows: I think all the colors are great. Some are too powdery (like a really light pink that was all over the packaging) and others are lacking that bold popping color (like the black). It is also a mixture of Matte and Shimmer shadows which is a plus. If you look at the review on you tube you can get a more elaborate and detailed look of this product (...). This is not me in the video. It is just a great review.

I personally like the product. Every color is great. I would have given 5 stars if it would have arrived in great condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy (Colorful) Girl, March 6, 2012
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Misc.)
Alright, well I gave this item 5 stars, though I did find one minor discrepancy: My friend bought the E.L.F. palette from Target during a promotional sale they held, and I loved it so much that I simply had to buy it. Now, I didn't have my friend's palette in front of me while I was ordering this palette, but I thought that some of the colors were a bit off from hers. I really wanted her exact palette, but I couldn't be positive that any of the colors were actually different, so I ordered this palette anyway. Turns out, a few of the colors actually are a bit different from the other palette; maybe just a shade or 2 darker. I didn't see the other palette on line though, but her palette had more matte colors than this palette.

So, if you've seen an E.L.F. palette from a Target dealer, this isn't the exact same palette, but it's comparably close. Just as good, same basic colors, just a few a shade or two darker. No biggie (hence 5 stars).

This palette is a mix of matte and shimmer colors, but when I say 'shimmer' I mean shimmer not sparkle. In light, you can see the reflective speckles, but after application, the powder comes off looking more satin like than shimmery, so if you're a fan of pearl/satin textured shadows, this one's for you. A plus is that the same palette also has matte colors, so there's something for every one!

Colors are perfectly pigmented for my skin tone. I have light to medium (touch of Olive to tan depending on whether or not I'm tan or if it's summer), and these colors are perfect for those tones. They aren't a vibrant as they seem in the picture, but still pigmented enough that you get the color you're applying.

The outer 2 rows and the upper wells of the middle 4 rows are great for highlight colors, or even if you're just looking for light coverage, while the bottom of the palette is good for the details, more accented looks.

The shadow wells are good sized, especially compared to some of the other brands of palettes.

Primer is a must, though most makeup fiends probably don't dare apply shadow without some sort of primer anyway. Because these colors aren't as highly pigmented as say, MAC, they don't last as long without primer and apply lighter, but this IS a $10 palette, so don't expect MAC quality (though I do love this palette, more than the ultra vibrant MAC/BH palettes, but I'm more of a subtle-color girl).

If you're new to palettes or eyeshadow, I'd highly recommend this palette. It boasts a wide range of colors and hues, so you can play around with the various colors to see what works for you and what doesn't before you move on to a more expensive palette.

I own 12 palettes, now including this one, from a variety of brands (some of them high-end like MAC, Tarte, Too Faced and BH), and I very much like this palette. It's actually the one I go straight for on a daily basis, for my work look, and it's much more attractive looking in person.

Hope that helps if you're on the fence for whatever reason!

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived Broken, March 10, 2012
RAM (Mt Kisco, NY) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars works decent, September 8, 2011
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Misc.)
i was a little disappointed of the purchase... the eye shadow itself is very smooth and well made(of course its e.l.f.), it does look beautifully when you blend.. but it does take a few times to apply when you want a more deeper tone to your shadow, so some of the comments are correct: YOU definitely need a primer to bring out the color ORRR continually applying until it darkens, which i prefer don't lol(use primer) .. so that being said i don't hate my choice, i just feel this palette wasn't for me. it would be for someone whose looking for more of a natural look, but i'm sure the purchase is for those who prefer that over a more smokey eye.. or a darker color blend. but this palette works wonders for my base colors ^_^ so i'm still putting it to good use.. i'm getting my moneys worth

anyone likes the soft, warm and more natural look, this palette is for you!
if you are looking for bold vibrant looks,,, it is the wrong palette... you will be sad =(

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible, December 17, 2011
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Misc.)
even with a primer this shadow did not show up, im pale and not even the purples showed up on my skin!

4.0 out of 5 stars it great for what its worth, March 17, 2011
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Misc.)
I bought this set mainly because it was only $10 for 100 different colors and I also liked the color choices they had. I really like the variety of colors they have, they go from natural looking colors to more bold colors. It is also fun to mix up the colors as well. The eyeshadow set is great for what its worth but in order for it to look really good it will take time. Make sure you put eye primer on before because the eyeshadow needs a base to grasp onto. Also make sure you have really good brushes so you will be able to apply the eyeshadow fully onto your eye. This will take time because in order for the colors to really come out you must reapply a lot before your finished but the outcome is great. If your the kind of girl/women that likes to make your eyeshadow real flashy this might not be for you, well it could work but it will take really longtime to do but if your the type that likes to make it look more natural and calm than this is great for you. I am satisfied with my purchase for what its worth but if it was the same price as the other eyeshadow sets I would probably not be as satisfied.

2.0 out of 5 stars Low quality, bad pigmentation, August 19, 2011
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Misc.)
I knew these were a long shot, but I usually like ELF products. My makeup case is full of MAC and Benefit, but I do also have several ELF cosmetics in there, as well as their Elf studio brushes. At $0.10 a shade, these aren't even worth that. They are impossible to pick up, even with a primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion) and the fallout is quite terrible. They don't blend well, and I just don't fancy these at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shadow Smashed, August 10, 2014
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Misc.)
The actually palette came in horrible quality. A couple of the darker cells broke and when i opened it shadow was everywhere, the lighter colors were covered in gray shadow, and the whole top was just gross. After cleaning up the palette a little it was okay. The colors are good but not great. Wouldn't purchase in the future through an online service such as amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Displeased with delivery of item, August 1, 2014
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Misc.)
I love shopping on Amazon, so when I saw my favorite brand E.L.F. products and was amazed at the price, however I was very dissatisfied with the delivery of the palette as 5 colors were completely crushed which really makes me upset since I can't return the palette because I need those colors for my outfits this weekend. Otherwise I wouldve easily given 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun To Experiment With Different Shades, September 28, 2012
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Misc.)
Sometimes I find I'm in a make up rut, and want to try some different eyeshadow colors without spending a fortune. This e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette lets me do that quite well. The quality of the eyeshadows themselves is pretty good in that they are lighter but mostly true to what they look like in the case. The "pay off" or pigment is not deeply infused, so if you want to get the full color effect, you would need to lightly dampen with water on your eyeshadow applicator for it to appear richer. I usually don't do that, however, because I do like the more subtle shades of eyeshadow.

Also, having a teenage daughter who really likes to experiment with different shades, and who is young enough to be slightly more adventurous with it (but not too much, I'm kinda strict when it comes to makeup) we've really gotten some great use from this eyeshadow palette. This would also make a fantastic gift for just about any woman (younger or um...not so young, like me :) who enjoys using eyeshadow, because the variety of shades go from nice and natural/earthy to bright and fun.

While this is not the best quality eyeshadow out there, it is certainly not bottom of the barrel either. I like that it doesn't have too many shadows in it with a bunch of sparklies in it, and that it hasn't irritated my eyelids or my daughter's. In my opinion, this is a good deal and fun for experimenting with some different colored shadows on a budget.

It is important to note that this palette must be handled gently, because the eyeshadows to tend to break if you are not careful. I bought mine in a brick and mortar store.

e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce