4.0 out of 5 stars Product was pretty good. Packaging was horrible.
Published on June 9, 2011 by MeMe

1.0 out of 5 stars They should return money back
When I got it in the mail and opened it up it was used and really dusty.look at the picture I took of it
Published 4 months ago by Marcellino

4.0 out of 5 stars Product was pretty good. Packaging was horrible., June 9, 2011
MeMe (Bronx, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I did my research on this product before buying. I found a really great and informative review on you tube (...) which made me purchase it right away. I received my package 2 days later and was excited to open it. When I did, about 4 eye shadows were shattered. They also mixed in with the other colors. Amazon was great about the situation and sent me a free replacement without returning the other. I advised them that it needs bubble wrap or some padding to prevent it from banging against the box and messing up. I received package number 2 and this time only 2 eye shadows were messed up (no bubble wrap). Be prepared to clean up when you receive your eyeshadows.

Eyeshadows: I think all the colors are great. Some are too powdery (like a really light pink that was all over the packaging) and others are lacking that bold popping color (like the black). It is also a mixture of Matte and Shimmer shadows which is a plus. If you look at the review on you tube you can get a more elaborate and detailed look of this product (...). This is not me in the video. It is just a great review.

I personally like the product. Every color is great. I would have given 5 stars if it would have arrived in great condition.

1.0 out of 5 stars They should return money back, September 23, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived Broken, March 10, 2012
RAM (Mt Kisco, NY) - See all my reviews
I am very disappointed in this project. It arrived completely dirty and dusty from all the broken up makeup palettes. At least four colors are completely missing, and two are mostly missing. I am very disappointed. This might be a good item to buy in a store; but it does not survive shipping.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Clear Colors, March 9, 2014
I usually love ELF products for their cheap prices and quality products, but I am not impressed with this one. The shadows are very sheer, and some are very glittery to the point of looking like a craft store got dumped on my eyes. The powder does not stay, and smudges onto fingers and around the eyes. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy (Colorful) Girl, March 6, 2012
Alright, well I gave this item 5 stars, though I did find one minor discrepancy: My friend bought the E.L.F. palette from Target during a promotional sale they held, and I loved it so much that I simply had to buy it. Now, I didn't have my friend's palette in front of me while I was ordering this palette, but I thought that some of the colors were a bit off from hers. I really wanted her exact palette, but I couldn't be positive that any of the colors were actually different, so I ordered this palette anyway. Turns out, a few of the colors actually are a bit different from the other palette; maybe just a shade or 2 darker. I didn't see the other palette on line though, but her palette had more matte colors than this palette.

So, if you've seen an E.L.F. palette from a Target dealer, this isn't the exact same palette, but it's comparably close. Just as good, same basic colors, just a few a shade or two darker. No biggie (hence 5 stars).

This palette is a mix of matte and shimmer colors, but when I say 'shimmer' I mean shimmer not sparkle. In light, you can see the reflective speckles, but after application, the powder comes off looking more satin like than shimmery, so if you're a fan of pearl/satin textured shadows, this one's for you. A plus is that the same palette also has matte colors, so there's something for every one!

Colors are perfectly pigmented for my skin tone. I have light to medium (touch of Olive to tan depending on whether or not I'm tan or if it's summer), and these colors are perfect for those tones. They aren't a vibrant as they seem in the picture, but still pigmented enough that you get the color you're applying.

The outer 2 rows and the upper wells of the middle 4 rows are great for highlight colors, or even if you're just looking for light coverage, while the bottom of the palette is good for the details, more accented looks.

The shadow wells are good sized, especially compared to some of the other brands of palettes.

Primer is a must, though most makeup fiends probably don't dare apply shadow without some sort of primer anyway. Because these colors aren't as highly pigmented as say, MAC, they don't last as long without primer and apply lighter, but this IS a $10 palette, so don't expect MAC quality (though I do love this palette, more than the ultra vibrant MAC/BH palettes, but I'm more of a subtle-color girl).

If you're new to palettes or eyeshadow, I'd highly recommend this palette. It boasts a wide range of colors and hues, so you can play around with the various colors to see what works for you and what doesn't before you move on to a more expensive palette.

I own 12 palettes, now including this one, from a variety of brands (some of them high-end like MAC, Tarte, Too Faced and BH), and I very much like this palette. It's actually the one I go straight for on a daily basis, for my work look, and it's much more attractive looking in person.

Hope that helps if you're on the fence for whatever reason!

2.0 out of 5 stars Shadow Smashed, August 10, 2014
The actually palette came in horrible quality. A couple of the darker cells broke and when i opened it shadow was everywhere, the lighter colors were covered in gray shadow, and the whole top was just gross. After cleaning up the palette a little it was okay. The colors are good but not great. Wouldn't purchase in the future through an online service such as amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Displeased with delivery of item, August 1, 2014
I love shopping on Amazon, so when I saw my favorite brand E.L.F. products and was amazed at the price, however I was very dissatisfied with the delivery of the palette as 5 colors were completely crushed which really makes me upset since I can't return the palette because I need those colors for my outfits this weekend. Otherwise I wouldve easily given 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars it great for what its worth, March 17, 2011
I bought this set mainly because it was only $10 for 100 different colors and I also liked the color choices they had. I really like the variety of colors they have, they go from natural looking colors to more bold colors. It is also fun to mix up the colors as well. The eyeshadow set is great for what its worth but in order for it to look really good it will take time. Make sure you put eye primer on before because the eyeshadow needs a base to grasp onto. Also make sure you have really good brushes so you will be able to apply the eyeshadow fully onto your eye. This will take time because in order for the colors to really come out you must reapply a lot before your finished but the outcome is great. If your the kind of girl/women that likes to make your eyeshadow real flashy this might not be for you, well it could work but it will take really longtime to do but if your the type that likes to make it look more natural and calm than this is great for you. I am satisfied with my purchase for what its worth but if it was the same price as the other eyeshadow sets I would probably not be as satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shadow Palette, March 24, 2012
I got this palette from Target over Christmas and I absolutely love it! It has a great variety of colors and, despite what other reviewers have said, I think it has plenty of pigment to it. You just have to know how to apply it. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Lots of eye shadow, small price.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible, December 17, 2011
even with a primer this shadow did not show up, im pale and not even the purples showed up on my skin!

e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, 3.17 Ounce