4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Silicone-based primer, but not much of it
e.l.f. offers quite a few good products and this is one of them. Countless makeup reviewers, makeup artists, and regular people who make makeup tutorials on YouTube swear by this primer even when most of their other cosmetics are high end.

Published 15 months ago by Anjalena

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess its good...
Published on November 21, 2011 by Ace Bean

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Silicone-based primer, but not much of it, October 1, 2013

I really enjoyed this primer. I'm still learning how to correctly apply it so I don't use more than necessary. But it goes on very smooth. It slides across your fingers and face like the most slippery lubricant you can imagine. At the same time, the texture of it is SOOO soft and silky. It actually feels great just rubbing it between thumb and forefinger. It's a pleasant experience!

The only problem I have with this product, and why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is that there is so little -actual- product in this pump. It looks, by its size, like there is a lot more product inside it. When I started running out, exceptionally soon, I unscrewed the housing and took the pump out and looked inside. The actual well that holds the product is TINY! I mean very tiny. And there's still a bit of product on the sides of the well which can't be drawn up into the pump for some reason. I'm having to take it apart and scoop out what I need with a toothpick.

Speaking of toothpicks, I just had an idea. I took the bottle apart so that I could get an -approximate- measurement for the inside of that little well. When I put the toothpick in, and it hit the bottom, MOST of the toothpick was still above the rim. Probably 2/3rds of it. I marked the toothpick and measured it. The well, from the bottom to the top of the mouth of it where the other bits screw onto it, it's exactly 1 inch. 1 inch deep. The diameter is less than 2 cm wide which is a little less than 3/4 of an inch. So, yeah, teensy!

If this was one of e.l.f.'s $1 - $3 products, I'd have absolutely no problem with that. But for $6, you should get a little more product. At least that's MY opinion.

So, in summary, it's a great product and will probably work for most skin types and blend well with most foundations (though I'm not sure if it would work well under powder foundation). However, the small amount of product you get might not be work the $6 price tag depending on how you use it and what you're looking for. Hope this helps. =)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but misleading packaging, June 5, 2014
I do love this product, it is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT!!!! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside is very misleading. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there, I don't know why they even bothered honestly. I have uploaded an image to show this. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 7, 2012
Great for a $6.00 primer! Keeps my face smooth before my makeup and my makeup stays on perfectly. I use some expensive makeup and there is no way I'd pay more for a primer than this, because it works great! don't be afraid to try it just for the price, i've used expensive primers (smashbox, bareminerals) and this works just as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves it, January 4, 2014
Well, I'm a dude, but I got my wife this and she said "Ohh myy gooddd, it's like putting silk on my face!" so I guess it's like putting silk on your face, which can't really be a bad thing, right?

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and silky!, November 1, 2011
My face tends to oil up really easily so this primer really helped me out on my bad days! It was smaller than I expected, but overall, it made my face feel smooth! It was my first time to use a primer, and I will still be trying new primers, but I will most likely buy this again!

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess its good..., November 21, 2011
Okay so... I am a makeup lover. E.L.F. was having a sale, like they always are so I purchased a few things including their Flawless Finish Foundation and the studio mineral infused face primer. The website claims to do the things that makeup primers are supposed to do i.e. provide a smooth canvas for easy makeup application, diminish the appearance of pores etc. I bought it to make my pores look smaller ( I've been having a problem with that lately). It doesn't make the pores look smaller, but it does provide a smooth canvas for you to work with. The product is basically made out of a silicone blend. It hasn't caused me to break out, and it is moisturizing. The only problem is the fact that it doesn't minimize pores, like it claims to. So if you are virtually poreless, this is for you.

P.S. if you choose to purchase this product buy it from the e.l.f. website, they basically rape your wallet here on amazon. e.l.f. is affordable but here you have to pay crazy shipping and they overprice the products and e.l.f. is always having promos so most likely, you won't be paying full price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Face Primer!, December 21, 2012
This face primer is like silk! I never thought I needed a primer. I always thought primers were a waist of money. I believed moisturizer was primer enough. Well, this is a great product. It feels great on my skin, and I find that I do not use as much makeup as I use without the primer. I love this.

4.0 out of 5 stars was what i was hoping, February 28, 2013
i had a sample of some primer through the mail (the high price ones). this beats the price and is a good product. a little goes a long way. my foundation stays put and goes on so smooth. for the price you can not beat it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same product as buying directly from e.l.f., January 9, 2013
I originally bought this product directly from e.l.f. and I really liked it. When I ran out, I found the product on amazon and I ordered it there, happy that with my Prime membership I could save on shipping. The product arrived and appeared to be the same. The first few pumps from the bottle were just like the product when purchased directly from e.l.f. , which is thick and makes your face feel silky and helps your make-up glide on. But about 3 days into the bottle provided by this seller, something thin and oily starts coming out. Suddenly it is not the same product as when you buy it directly from e.l.f. It is no longer thick and it appears to be some kind of oderless oil. I purchased 2 bottles from this seller and this happened with both bottles. I am very dissatisfied. I would not recommend buying this "face primer" from this seller.

4.0 out of 5 stars What lines?, June 4, 2012
This has definatley made my foundations go on more smoothly and crease less. This is my first time using primer and I have to say this product did not dissapoint me. I would at least try it out if I were you.

e.l.f Studio mineral infused face primer
$5.99 - $13.99