Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on June 5, 2014
I do love this product, it is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT!!!! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside is very misleading. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there, I don't know why they even bothered honestly. I have uploaded an image to show this. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up.
review image review image
44 comments422 of 426 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2013
e.l.f. offers quite a few good products and this is one of them. Countless makeup reviewers, makeup artists, and regular people who make makeup tutorials on YouTube swear by this primer even when most of their other cosmetics are high end.

I really enjoyed this primer. I'm still learning how to correctly apply it so I don't use more than necessary. But it goes on very smooth. It slides across your fingers and face like the most slippery lubricant you can imagine. At the same time, the texture of it is SOOO soft and silky. It actually feels great just rubbing it between thumb and forefinger. It's a pleasant experience!

The only problem I have with this product, and why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is that there is so little -actual- product in this pump. It looks, by its size, like there is a lot more product inside it. When I started running out, exceptionally soon, I unscrewed the housing and took the pump out and looked inside. The actual well that holds the product is TINY! I mean very tiny. And there's still a bit of product on the sides of the well which can't be drawn up into the pump for some reason. I'm having to take it apart and scoop out what I need with a toothpick.

Speaking of toothpicks, I just had an idea. I took the bottle apart so that I could get an -approximate- measurement for the inside of that little well. When I put the toothpick in, and it hit the bottom, MOST of the toothpick was still above the rim. Probably 2/3rds of it. I marked the toothpick and measured it. The well, from the bottom to the top of the mouth of it where the other bits screw onto it, it's exactly 1 inch. 1 inch deep. The diameter is less than 2 cm wide which is a little less than 3/4 of an inch. So, yeah, teensy!

If this was one of e.l.f.'s $1 - $3 products, I'd have absolutely no problem with that. But for $6, you should get a little more product. At least that's MY opinion.

So, in summary, it's a great product and will probably work for most skin types and blend well with most foundations (though I'm not sure if it would work well under powder foundation). However, the small amount of product you get might not be work the $6 price tag depending on how you use it and what you're looking for. Hope this helps. =)
44 comments296 of 301 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
Well, I'm a dude, but I got my wife this and she said "Ohh myy gooddd, it's like putting silk on my face!" so I guess it's like putting silk on your face, which can't really be a bad thing, right?
55 comments145 of 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2013
Let me preface by saying:

A while ago, I ordered the Studio Mineral Face Primer in Clear as an experiment. The product was so silky and amazing (yes, amazing) that I immediately got upset with myself for the years of undying loyalty to Urban Decay's $30 Pore perfecting Primer. It works better, my makeup went on so smooth, I got thousands of compliments (seriously I was basking in them!), and even I thought I looked fantastic, which is a rare occurrence indeed! the bottle it came in was faulty but even that didn't sway my enthusiasm! I dug the primer out with a q-tip!!

That being said, I was so in love with this primer that I had to order another bottle but this was the only one they had. I really wanted the clear again but I thought, "Hey me, you got to this good face goo by being adventurous, go ahead and try out this 'Radient Glow', whatever that is"... So I ordered it... it is sparkly!!! OMG is it sparkly!!! it sparkles so much, teenagers think I'm a vampire! ... So No more of that. But the Clear is SO AWESOME!!!
0Comment74 of 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2011
My face tends to oil up really easily so this primer really helped me out on my bad days! It was smaller than I expected, but overall, it made my face feel smooth! It was my first time to use a primer, and I will still be trying new primers, but I will most likely buy this again!
0Comment82 of 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2012
This face primer is like silk! I never thought I needed a primer. I always thought primers were a waist of money. I believed moisturizer was primer enough. Well, this is a great product. It feels great on my skin, and I find that I do not use as much makeup as I use without the primer. I love this.
0Comment47 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
Great for a $6.00 primer! Keeps my face smooth before my makeup and my makeup stays on perfectly. I use some expensive makeup and there is no way I'd pay more for a primer than this, because it works great! don't be afraid to try it just for the price, i've used expensive primers (smashbox, bareminerals) and this works just as well!
0Comment113 of 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
The consistence is so strange I can't quite describe if it actually feels like a cream or what! Its clear like a gel but.. you'd think its something oily though its also dry and anyway, whatever it is, it spreads so nicely! It absorbs in seconds and your make up will slide perfectly on top of it without looking cakey or anything. It is so light it feels almost inexistent in your face, but it works perfectly! Less creases, less smudges, less mess! A little goes a LONG way, and the product is actually of a nice size. I've had it for endless months now and I think it could last me a year or more even! The pump works very well and you do not waste product at all! I just LOVE it!
review image review image
0Comment35 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2011
Okay so... I am a makeup lover. E.L.F. was having a sale, like they always are so I purchased a few things including their Flawless Finish Foundation and the studio mineral infused face primer. The website claims to do the things that makeup primers are supposed to do i.e. provide a smooth canvas for easy makeup application, diminish the appearance of pores etc. I bought it to make my pores look smaller ( I've been having a problem with that lately). It doesn't make the pores look smaller, but it does provide a smooth canvas for you to work with. The product is basically made out of a silicone blend. It hasn't caused me to break out, and it is moisturizing. The only problem is the fact that it doesn't minimize pores, like it claims to. So if you are virtually poreless, this is for you.

P.S. if you choose to purchase this product buy it from the e.l.f. website, they basically rape your wallet here on amazon. e.l.f. is affordable but here you have to pay crazy shipping and they overprice the products and e.l.f. is always having promos so most likely, you won't be paying full price.
1515 comments226 of 289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2014
I haven't purchased this off of amazon (because I only just saw it online) but I purchase this product regularly in store. It's the best primer I have found for price and works amazing!!! I am a 24 y/o african american with very oily skin (as in I can't go more than 2 hours without using blotting papers or blotting powder to get rid of my shine). This primer works like a dream at taming the oil in my skin. I'm sure that there are more expensive primers that would work better but I have yet to find a comparable one in this price range. It works so well for me though that I'm not even sure I'd want to try a different brand. Also, for those of you with sensitive skin like me, this doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out at all! I am very prone to acne and peeling skin if I don't use the right products. And one more point of reference it works great with my pricier makeup brand! I use MAC foundation, blush, blotting powder (everything else practically) and this primer works great with it, no conflicts! I'd imagine it'd work well with most makeup brands. This is worth a try especially for the price. Even on my no makeup days I have to use this primer. I highly recommend it especially if you're in my situation.

Also, to address the comments on the deceiving packaging... they're accurate, but you'll get the same thing if you buy it in store. If you remove the lid the chamber is very small so the bottle doesn't last long. If you're so inclined, once the pump stops working you can usually get a little more out of the bottle if you take off the lid. I wear makeup almost every day (with primer) and one bottle lasts me close to a month.