Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on June 5, 2014
I do love this product, it is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT!!!! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside is very misleading. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there, I don't know why they even bothered honestly. I have uploaded an image to show this. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up.
review image review image
55 comments|478 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2013
e.l.f. offers quite a few good products and this is one of them. Countless makeup reviewers, makeup artists, and regular people who make makeup tutorials on YouTube swear by this primer even when most of their other cosmetics are high end.

I really enjoyed this primer. I'm still learning how to correctly apply it so I don't use more than necessary. But it goes on very smooth. It slides across your fingers and face like the most slippery lubricant you can imagine. At the same time, the texture of it is SOOO soft and silky. It actually feels great just rubbing it between thumb and forefinger. It's a pleasant experience!

The only problem I have with this product, and why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is that there is so little -actual- product in this pump. It looks, by its size, like there is a lot more product inside it. When I started running out, exceptionally soon, I unscrewed the housing and took the pump out and looked inside. The actual well that holds the product is TINY! I mean very tiny. And there's still a bit of product on the sides of the well which can't be drawn up into the pump for some reason. I'm having to take it apart and scoop out what I need with a toothpick.

Speaking of toothpicks, I just had an idea. I took the bottle apart so that I could get an -approximate- measurement for the inside of that little well. When I put the toothpick in, and it hit the bottom, MOST of the toothpick was still above the rim. Probably 2/3rds of it. I marked the toothpick and measured it. The well, from the bottom to the top of the mouth of it where the other bits screw onto it, it's exactly 1 inch. 1 inch deep. The diameter is less than 2 cm wide which is a little less than 3/4 of an inch. So, yeah, teensy!

If this was one of e.l.f.'s $1 - $3 products, I'd have absolutely no problem with that. But for $6, you should get a little more product. At least that's MY opinion.

So, in summary, it's a great product and will probably work for most skin types and blend well with most foundations (though I'm not sure if it would work well under powder foundation). However, the small amount of product you get might not be work the $6 price tag depending on how you use it and what you're looking for. Hope this helps. =)
55 comments|313 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
Well, I'm a dude, but I got my wife this and she said "Ohh myy gooddd, it's like putting silk on my face!" so I guess it's like putting silk on your face, which can't really be a bad thing, right?
66 comments|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2013
Let me preface by saying:

A while ago, I ordered the Studio Mineral Face Primer in Clear as an experiment. The product was so silky and amazing (yes, amazing) that I immediately got upset with myself for the years of undying loyalty to Urban Decay's $30 Pore perfecting Primer. It works better, my makeup went on so smooth, I got thousands of compliments (seriously I was basking in them!), and even I thought I looked fantastic, which is a rare occurrence indeed! the bottle it came in was faulty but even that didn't sway my enthusiasm! I dug the primer out with a q-tip!!

That being said, I was so in love with this primer that I had to order another bottle but this was the only one they had. I really wanted the clear again but I thought, "Hey me, you got to this good face goo by being adventurous, go ahead and try out this 'Radient Glow', whatever that is"... So I ordered it... it is sparkly!!! OMG is it sparkly!!! it sparkles so much, teenagers think I'm a vampire! ... So No more of that. But the Clear is SO AWESOME!!!
on December 21, 2012
This face primer is like silk! I never thought I needed a primer. I always thought primers were a waist of money. I believed moisturizer was primer enough. Well, this is a great product. It feels great on my skin, and I find that I do not use as much makeup as I use without the primer. I love this.
on December 7, 2012
Great for a $6.00 primer! Keeps my face smooth before my makeup and my makeup stays on perfectly. I use some expensive makeup and there is no way I'd pay more for a primer than this, because it works great! don't be afraid to try it just for the price, i've used expensive primers (smashbox, bareminerals) and this works just as well!
0Comment|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2011
My face tends to oil up really easily so this primer really helped me out on my bad days! It was smaller than I expected, but overall, it made my face feel smooth! It was my first time to use a primer, and I will still be trying new primers, but I will most likely buy this again!
on April 12, 2015
I did not expect to love this, but I LOVED it! I have used the Smashbox primer forever and have spent hundreds on it. I found this highly recommended on Amazon, so I thought I would give it a try. It is literally exactly the same formula, or at least it feels that way to me, a longtime Smashbox user. I was so pleased. I will be saving a ton of $$ and ordering this again. I highly recommend this to anyone that is currently using Smashbox or is just looking for an excellent primer. This makes your foundation stay all day long. I use this in combination with the E.L.F. finishing powder and my simple BB Cream and highlighter and it works all day...
review image
on July 11, 2013
The consistence is so strange I can't quite describe if it actually feels like a cream or what! Its clear like a gel but.. you'd think its something oily though its also dry and anyway, whatever it is, it spreads so nicely! It absorbs in seconds and your make up will slide perfectly on top of it without looking cakey or anything. It is so light it feels almost inexistent in your face, but it works perfectly! Less creases, less smudges, less mess! A little goes a LONG way, and the product is actually of a nice size. I've had it for endless months now and I think it could last me a year or more even! The pump works very well and you do not waste product at all! I just LOVE it!
review image review image
on August 12, 2015
I'm a bit of a makeup snob, so take that for what it's worth. I thought this felt smooth when applying but it didn't soak in at all, and made me have the most hellacious breakouts I've ever had. That's hard to do considering I use Differin daily. But my pores were huge after a couple days of use and full of gunk. I had redness and zits all over. After a week or two of no makeup, I'm finally back to normal and will go back to Hourglass.