Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
asked by Cynthia W. Nishimura on February 28, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 11-20 of 59 answers
A
R. Albright answered on March 21, 2012
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i have been using a shark steam mop , i use the cover that is nappy like a rug. i have been using it for a year. my floors are grand illusions and are very shiny, piano finish. the steam mop is the best. i do NOT overwet the floors and i have been thrilled with this steamer. before i got it i tried everything. i can NOT STAND smears and this is the only thing that works really well. i dont know if all brands of steamers work as well as this-- but mine is the bomb.
violetaster answered on September 25, 2011
Comment | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I noticed the ad said sealed hardwood floors, how do you know if your floor is sealed? I had one hardwood pro, tell me he would not use it on hardwood, but i already bought it off of HSN. I think my floors may be coated with polyurathane, so is that sealed?
pamela boggs answered on May 11, 2010
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I checked with my floor installer and he was very adamant that I never use a steam cleaner on my new laminate. It is true that it will void the warranty. Despite the insistence here that the steam drys fast it will penetrate between the boards with more pressure than just plain water will. The steam will force between the layers of lamination and over time they will separate. It will take time, but it will happen. Don't risk it, use the cleaner that is recommended, it takes more time but you wont lose your floor before it's time.
J. P. Bass answered on April 13, 2012
Comment | 7 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Janice Taylor answered on January 22, 2011
Comment | 11 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
ruined my floors too!!
Amazon Customer answered on April 15, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Pergo DOES NOT recommend the use of steam mops on laminate floors.
Melinda Lahr answered on May 26, 2014
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think it works great at removing the kinds of things you describe. As to the shine, I haven't noticed any problems. I have three different kinds of laminate in different rooms. It depends on the particular type of laminate finish; my kitchen tile sometimes looks slightly dull when I use it, but that floor doesn't have a very shiny finish anyway; but in other rooms, it doesn't seem to mar the shine at all. And you actually get much less moisture on the floor than with wet mopping, which is a plus.
R. Albright answered on November 14, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Robert J. Storms answered on May 20, 2012
Comments (2) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Did you have a problem with footprints and streaks before using the steam mop? I am having a hard time with mine.
Marietta Najera answered on June 19, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

See all questions about this product