laptop compartment I just recieved the backpack so far it appears fine except I bought wanting the laptop compartment shown in pictures. Mine doesnt have one, is this an error or is the bag discription/pictures in error?
asked by fishdave on January 7, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
[Deleted by the author on Feb 4, 2010 5:32:13 PM PST]

A
vote
It looks like that one image with the MacBook in the backpack was just the MacBook on top of all the camera equipment. At first, I thought it was another compartment behind the camera stuff, but this person just put his laptop on top of all his camera stuff. Hope that helps! Oh and that MacBook is 13.3" widescreen, I think.
C. Torres answered on January 16, 2007

A
votes
Actually, if you read the photo caption, it says there's "plenty of room for a 12" iBook," so it's not one of the newer widescreen MacBooks in the photo. I have this backpack and can easily put my 12" iBook in the second-largest pocket. It doesn't have to go in the same space as the camera and lenses. I just tried our new MacBook and that also fits, but barely.

So whether it can be called a "laptop compartment" depends on the size of your computer.
emw answered on June 17, 2007

A
votes
Can you tell me what the actual measurements are of the inside pockets. I have a "dumb ol' Dell" and am curious if a 11" x 12" x 1.5" will fit in any of the pockets.

Thanks.
Cath Evans answered on July 8, 2007

A
votes
The pocket isn't wide enough for the 11 inch dimension. The two computers I have put in the pocket are 11.2 x 9.1 x 1.35 inches (12-inch iBook) and 12.78 x 8.92 x 1.08 inches (MacBook).
emw answered on July 8, 2007

A
votes
Will it fit the MacBookPro 14.1 x 9.6 x 1 inches?
Koli answered on July 22, 2007

A
votes
I'm also curious if a Macbook Pro would fit in the bag. Can anyone comment? Thanks!
M. Beaubien answered on November 25, 2008

A
votes
FWIW I am able to fit my MacBook Air into the bag. It actually fits into the outer pocket, but there's no padding there. So I store it in the inner pocket. It could bump against the camera equipment there, but I haven't gotten any scratches so far.
Automatt answered on September 25, 2009

A
votes
Quite by accident I found my 13" MacBook fits perfectly inside the bag. If you worry about it bumping on the camera equipment, but a small towel in there. Bottom line, it is the BEST value in a bag. I've looked at many many others and can't find any better.
James G. Patterson answered on February 19, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›