LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10")
Used & New from: $10.49
is this for the larger size lego? The ones that say they are "compatible" really don't work for my 2 yr old grandson.
asked by Susan M. on August 29, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I think it is really designed for the smaller Legos as the pegs are really small. But I just tried putting on a Legos Duplo piece and it seemed to fit just fine.
Kimmers answered on August 29, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, the Duplos are a perfect fit on the regular LEGO plate.

But they do make Duplo plates as well.
Kelli answered on August 29, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This base plate is designed for the standard regular sized lego. I have never owned the larger sized Duplo set for young toddlers, so I can't say for sure if they are compatible. I do own some Mega Bloks, and this base plate is definitely not compatible with Mega Bloks. In terms of measurement, each circular "stud" on the base plate is about 0.2 inch diameter. The space between 4 circular "studs" can hold an annular protrusion found on the bottom of the lego piece of about 0.25 inch diameter.
This YouTube video says that you should be able to use Duplo on this lego base plate though some effort was visibly required to push down the pieces. A young toddler may need some adult help to do that. You may want to check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS2JVcfkXiw
GJXMum answered on August 29, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No it's not for Duplo.
Rob answered on August 30, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, this base plate is for the smaller legos. It is not compatible for the larger legos. Hope my answer helps you! Carol
H. Brinson answered on August 30, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am not sure if it works for the Duplo blocks I only used it for the regular lego blocks
I'm sure if you have the building plates for any type of blocks this model can be used
mr fun answered on September 8, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The base plates for legos are for the regular legos, not the duplo legos. If this doesn't work for your 2 year old grandson; then you have your answer without relying on other people comments. Hope this helps you.
Carol
H. Brinson answered on October 30, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product