2 days later... I'm shocked Justice League set is still availiable

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2009 8:49:19 AM PST
When Batman: The Complete Animated Series first came out, I went to Best Buy to buy it the first day of release. Only to find out that it was sold out in EVERY Best Buy in NYC (and some stores near NYC) except for one store that had one left. It was about 7pm that day. When I got to that store, the item was sold. I got home that night thinking I'll be able to get it via Amazon.com. I didn't buy it here first, because I wanted to be able to touch it right away. I was THAT anxious for this set. Amazon.com DID have it, but I made the dumb mistake of waiting for the price to drop. I don't know what came over me, but when I checked on the item a couple of days later, it was sold out!!!

That's when I, like most of the other humans waiting for the Batman: TCAS set, wondered if this was a limited edition. If so, why wasn't there any announcement. There were rumors to damaged cases, that may have compelled a recall of the sets. It could be, because Amazon.com re-released the set, and this time I was extremely fortunate to get it. I looked for it again to buy it for a friend a couple of days later, and you guessed it... it was sold out AGAIN!!!

Now we have Justice League: The Complete Series, which in my opinion is every bit a classic as Batman: TAS, and I believe most other fans believe this as well. But two days later, it's not sold out on Amazon.com, and it's still available in about 95% of Best Buys in NYC. Is this because not as many consumers want to purchase this set? Did they make more of them? Some other explanation? Just curious...

Posted on Nov 12, 2009 3:40:50 PM PST
tank starr says:
I think that after seeing what happened to B:TAS, that they made sure it wouldn't happen again. People are buying this as crazy as that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2009 1:09:22 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 15, 2009 1:10:01 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2009 3:14:19 PM PST
I was really excited and almost went to a retail store to get my Batman the complete animated series. However I got a giftcard from my mom and the weather was bad so we made a deal and I ended up buying it from amazon. Probably before they no longer had it since the order went through it. DVDempire.com I think last December or January did get some more in for a limited time. By the way if you don't have it yet I would still recommend looking for it. It's similar to htis justice league set but does have better artwork, nice packaging and book with episode listing, extras and various artwork.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions