4.0 out of 5 stars Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer gives a healthy glow
The only shade other than Nude I would attempt to try is the almond. The sand and fawn are too brownish beige. This is also 20 SPF. Tinted moisturizer is like a hint of color added to your moisturizer, which is why I chose Nude and am happy with the overall look to my face and feel on my skin.

The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is easy to apply, feels soft...
Published on October 23, 2004 by Bonnie Sayers

THEY CHANGED THE PRODUCT AND IT'S AWFUL NOW. (This for for the regular (oil) version.) I used this product for 7 years and I loved it even though I had to mix two colors (nude and porcelain) to get a match to my skin. I felt it was worth it because it was so amazing.

Published on November 14, 2011 by Meta4

4.0 out of 5 stars Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer gives a healthy glow, October 23, 2004

The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is easy to apply, feels soft and silky to the skin. It is applied using fingertips. While I was at the counter at Nordstrom the cosmetician used a brush to apply. I liked this better than a cotton ball used at other counters.

A 1.5 ounce tube will last from 4-5 months, probably longer now that fall is here and less coverage is needed for this season. This has an anti-oxidant complex that protects the skin.

I have eczema, allergic to lanolin and check ingredients on all cosmetics before buying. The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer does not contain lanolin, is Dermatologist tested and not tested on animals. I started using the moisturizer in early summer. This survived the brutal temps in Southern California.

You do not have the caked on look, this is streak free, did not add much shine to my face, more of a glow. I read somewhere online that Sarah Jessica Parker attributes her healthy glow to the Nude shade of the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer as well.

I even used this a few times as an under eye concealer when the skin looked lighter in color and needed a boost. There were no breakouts associated with using the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. It worked well on keeping my rash area covered up with a more healthy look.

The tube is easy to grasp with one hand and remove the twist-off cap in one twist. The contents are squeezed through the opening. Although once you get to the end of the tube you will need to shake it a bit to obtain the remaining droplets. I found that this worked just as well at the bottom of the tube as it did from when first purchased months ago.

This is a tinted moisturizer that works on all skin-types and colors. The price is a bit steep, but I used it all compared to tossing out the Mac Face and Body Foundation and using the Serious Skin Care Tinted Moisturizer infrequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seeking Natural but Flawless? You've Just Found Your Match, January 21, 2005
If you only want a hit of color and a natural, lightweight amount of coverage, this is the foundation for you. This tint can be worn alone but it's best over your existing moisturizer, especially if you have even a tiny bit of dryness (you don't want your skin to be drinking in makeup, do you?) This moisturizing formula will hydrate, soften, and impart a very healthy looking glow to the skin. Tinted Moisturizer is a great choice for women who want to look natural but still have a few things to cover because the look and feel are sheer and lightweight but it provides light to medium coverage. SPF 20 is a nice addition to help protect the skin from both UVB rays as well as some UVA rays.* On the scale of Laura Mercier's foundations, Tinted Moisturizer provides the lightest coverage. Yet despite being so lightweight in look and feel, Tinted Moisturizer is extremely long wearing, stays color true all day long (a boon to oily skins) and wears evenly.

More than just a makeup product, Laura's Tinted Moisturizer has a special "antioxidant vitamin complex that acts as a free radical scavenger to protect skin from even the most aggressive effects of the environment.* " Who hoo! Bonus!

Notes on shade choices:
Being that it is difficult to render color accurately on a computer for the purpose of color swatches, the following notes should help you select the appropriate shade of Tinted Moisturizer. If you already use one of Laura's foundations and know the color name, I made note of the approximate color of Tint you would likely use.
-VERY FAIR skin tones or those who use Laura's Foundation in colors Porcelain Ivory or Blush Ivory would use Tinted Moisturizer - PORCELAIN
-FAIR TO LIGHT skin tones or those who use Laura's foundation in the color Warm Ivory would use Tinted Moisturizer - NUDE
-LIGHT TO MEDIUM skin tones or those who use Laura's Foundation in colors Sunny Beige or Vanilla Beige would use Tinted Moisturizer - SAND
-MEDIUM skin with PINK TONES or those who use Laura's Foundation in colors Shell Beige or Vanilla Beige would use Tinted Moisturizer - FAWN (note-this is not super pink)
-MEDIUM skin tones or those who use Laura's Foundation in colors Golden Beige or Honey Beige would use Tinted Moisturizer - ALMOND
-MEDIUM to DARK skin tones or those who use Laura's Foundation in colors Suntan Beige or Sunset Beige would use Tinted Moisturizer - TAN
-DARKER skin tones or those who use Laura's Foundation in colors Toffee Bronze or Deep Bronze would use Tinted Moisturizer - WALNUT

It's quite normal to fall between two shades due to the infinite variety of skin tones and tan variations throughout the year. If this is the case for you, Laura recommends mixing those two shades together to get the perfect, custom match. Many of her clients do this. You'll only use about half the amount of each shade when you mix (therefore each tube lasts you twice as long) so over the space of a year you don't end up spending any more money on foundation than you would if you only purchased one color. Plus you get the bonus of precision matched color. Also, most of us tend to darken a bit in the summer and lighten up a bit in the winter at which point you'll have just the right shade at your fingertips. Another trick I like with Laura's Tinted Moisturizer is mixing a little of it with my oil-free foundation to get a slightly more natural looking finish or to slightly lighten or darken the color here as well.

Easy to Use:
Apply after skincare/moisturizer, using a downward motion with fingertips or a sponge. The downward blending motion helps to keep the foundation from getting under the very tiny, and nearly microscopic hairs we all grow on our faces. A sponge will help you apply the product more evenly than using your fingers. Laura makes a fantastic and machine washable version.

Tinted Moisturizer can be worn with or without Laura's famous, award winning, and best selling Foundation Primer underneath. An application of Foundation Primer first will naturally extend the wear of Tinted Moisturizer especially for oilier skins or all skins in warmer/humid months. If you prefer a soft/slightly moist finish, set the Tint with a small amount of Translucent Loose Powder by lightly tapping with the side of the Powder Brush. For a more matte finish, set Tinted Moisturizer with Translucent Loose Powder or Pressed Setting Powder (which provides more coverage than loose) using the Laura's wonderful and machine washable Powder Puff.

*While being SPF 20 (refers to UVB only), the active ingredients Laura uses in her Tinted Moisturizers do provide a small amount of UVA protection yet are not completely broad spectrum. All of Laura's daytime Moisturizers provide SPF 15 in the form of avobenzone (listed under the chemical name) which is fully UVB and UVA protective. As a professional, freelance makeup artist, this is my preferred route. UVA/UVB sunscreen in a foundation makes it much thicker and can give the color a slightly `off `or `whitish cast. UVA/UVB sunscreen also reflects light and this shows up in pictures as `ghost face' -- a horror for brides when they get their pictures back. Having sunscreen in your moisturizer won't have this same effect because you top it with foundation or powder which keeps the reflection at bay.

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, May 22, 2005
I love tinted moisturizers, and this one is by far the best I've used. It's a little thicker than most, but it goes on smoothly and evenly--foolproof. I've even applied it in the car on my daily commute, and it always looks great, even without a mirror. It gives just the right amount of coverage, evening out your skintone without looking madeup. I have light to medium skin tone and unfortunately first purchased the "sand" which was far to orange/brown for my skin. It looks like from the other reviewers I'm not the only one who thought this. The "nude" is a much more neutral tone. You won't find a better tinted moisturizer out there!

1.0 out of 5 stars Used (and loved it) for 7 yrs but they changed the formula, now it's awful., November 14, 2011

NO LONGER AMAZING. In fact, it is awful. It used to be hydrating, now it dries out my skin. It used to make it glowy, now while I'm wearing it my dry skin looks like an oil slick and when I wash it off it's dry.

I could tell right away that they changed the formula and I emailed them to ask them what they changed. They said they didn't change it. Well, I came across an older box and I compared it to my most recent purchase and they did change it. They took out the kalaya oil and switched it for castor oil! I remember it had kalaya oil because I looked it up online after seeing it on their box because I wanted to buy just kalaya oil since it moisturized so well without breaking me out or making me oily. It's now gone and replaced with castor. The castor made the product so thick in consistency when it used to be thin and sink into my skin, looking lovely and hydrating it. The castor also makes it sit on top of the skin like a glob of oiliness and the thicker consistency highlights every line and pore. The castor also dries out the skin.

So they basically took out a great (and expensive) ingredient and now it's a cheapened product but still costs $40.

Just a total mess now.

I can't believe the people at LM would change such a beloved product.What a mistake! And they LIED about it! I just left a review of it on their site and it's not showing up, so I wonder if reviews are reviewed before they are visible...? Wouldn't surprise me, since they lied to me. That's why I added this new category, so I could let people know they changed the product just in case others noticed a difference too, especially if they do review the reviews before they publish them. I'm betting they don't want word getting out that they changed the formula -- them lying to me about it is pretty compelling for that theory. Also, looking at the reviews on their website, there are no negative ones whatsoever. Until I reviewed this now I didn't realize they have to approve reviews. If they thought they could keep the cheapening of their product quiet, they were wrong. I'm going to tell everyone they changed it to cheaper ingredients just like I used to tell everyone to use it. Yes, I'm angry -- angry they lied to me and have deceptive reviews in addition to substituting cheaper ingredients for better ones without lowering the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars A REAL STEP AND FACE SAVER, December 22, 2004
Always on the lookout for what would get me off and running more quickly in the morning, I heard about this Tinted Moisturizer from Laura Mercier. It does the trick. There's no longer a need for me to use moisturizer, wait for it to be absorbed, and then apply foundation.

Should mention up front that the natural look is my preference so I'm attracted to formulations with just a hint of color. Of course, the addition SPF 20 is a very real and practical bonus.

When using this skin tends to have a very natural look but "better," if you will. My skin is fair so I use "Porcelain," which takes away the paleness but does not camouflage skin tone. It's best for me to apply the tint with fingertips and gently smooth.

Wouldn't give up my foundation as it's needed for evenings and special occasions, but for daily use this Tinted Moisturizer really saves a step in the morning and saves my face all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars "sand" is good for evening out more olive skin tones, August 9, 2006
Having read the reviews, I need to add that I have been using this tinted moisturiser in "sand" for about a year. It works well with a light tan and warms up winter skin without being orange at all. I think it evens out skin tone, dark circles and red noses in the winter very well. Would suit a more olive skin tone. I am fair, but with a yellow undertone to my skin. The look it gives is healthy skin and a little color. It does need a moisturiser underneath. Loose (translucent) powder on top creates a more professional finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect tinted moisturizer!, June 28, 2006
Samia (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This is the perfect tinted moisturizer and the best one I have ever tried. I use it regularly every summer and when I travel. I tried several other tinted moisturizers before I found this product. I use this tinted moisturizer along with loose powder for a perfect, flawless finish. Most other brands that I have tried have little color and coverage. This product moisturizes as well as provides good coverage. Additionally, it has SPF 20 which blocks harmful UV rays. I recommend this tinted moisturizer for anyone who wants to shorten their cosmetic routine, protect their skin and look great!

4.0 out of 5 stars from a make up beginner's point of view, March 4, 2006
I was never into powders or foundation before reason being I bought 3 or 4 of them before (expensive ones) and I had to throw them out because they caused too much caking and I hated that heavy feeling on my face. I like this product because it's easy to put on and it's very light. (use a sponge wedge not your fingers, it's easier to blend). My main problem is reddish skin, sensitive to heat and hot showers, just sensitive in general, otherwise my skin is not bad. I recommend moisterizing and wait until it absorbs, then use the tinted lotion and a powder for the shine. (their loose powders are very sheer and light too). I use nude for the tinted lotion and beige loose powder; I have a fair/light complexion. It's a bit expensive, and if there are other products better than this one...i wouldn't really know. but i really love this product. good luck shopping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Tinted Moisturizer, March 17, 2006
C. Havanac (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I was a bit skeptical about using this product. For one I thought it would make my skin break out and I also thought it wouldn't really cover anything. Boy was I wrong. I finally used this when I went on a cruise this winter and I could not believe how well it covered my imperfections yet looked soooo natural and healthy. It also did not make my skin break out and I was in hot, humid weather. I used this in Sand which went well with my tan. I will buy this in Nude for everyday use and when I do not have any tan, real or fake. The SPF 20 is a nice added bonus too. This glides over your skin easily and blends wonderfully. I highly, highly recommend this unless your skin is very oily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look great all day long!, February 26, 2006
I've always read wonderful things about Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. Since I prefer lighter and more natural make up solutions, I gave it a try and had a friend from the US bring it to me in Brazil. And I don't regret it. It's a fantastic product. It's light, blends easily, stays put all day (with or without the foundation primer) and is not greasy at all. It's a great choice even for the Brazilian Summer climate (hot and humid). I have fair to light skin with neutral undertone, and Nude is the perfect color for me.

Tinted Moisturizer - Walnut