leap pad vs inno tab any suggestions?? Our kids love their mobigos. Our 5 year old now needs more reading and writing skills....which to get??
asked by djsully on October 13, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 answers
A
Hands down the LeapPad, it seems a lot more versatile; not very good reviews on the Inno on their own homepage. Vtechkids.com
Wolfsatz Domain answered on October 15, 2011
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I disagree, just having spent an hour reading reviews for both. The LeapPad has lots of bad reviews, the only complaint on the InnoTab is the battery consumption (I read ALL of them on vtech's website.)
The huge difference between the 2 is the ability to play movies on the Vtech. But the LeapPad takes pictures, so it depends on what you are looking for.
Nana's mom answered on November 30, 2011
Comment (1) | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The only movies it plays are the ones you can download from the leap frog connect. Some discovery animal ones, the leap frog learning dvds and they just added episodes of word world. It does not have any music to download. So that is one major difference. The only things you are able to download have to come from the leap frog connect site. Where inno tab you can download your own music /videos on the sd card, if you can figure out the format to put them in! Someone commented somewhere......Get the LeapPad if you are steering more for education.......the innotab more for entertainment! That is what helped me.
djsully answered on December 1, 2011
Comment (1) | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We have a LeapPad, it's pretty expensive to load it up with games/books and doesn't seem worth the high price tag. I am considering returning it for a Vtech. The camera on the LeapPad is OK, but now I realize I would rather have the option to load music and movies.
beanzmommy answered on November 30, 2011
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
After reading and reading and reading reviews we went with the LeapPad because it had better reading options. I think a lot is going to have to do with your childs age. I have to agreealthough the leappad was expensive, we have a kindergartener that is struggling a bit and we wanted to keep him interested in reading and writing. We already own the vtech mobigo for games and keyboard recognition (can't complain) and vreaders (gifts) which we were not impressed with. We bought 2 LeapPads and $100 worth of apps! toy story ebook, Leap Learn to read 1,2,3,4 &5 ebooks , cars ultra ebook, Leap ultra e book, Letter Factory video, Talking letters video. The pet pal ap is nice too for drawing letters. We also purchased 1 game, Mr. Pencil. Our kids 5 & 3 are not into music yet and they have plenty of DVD's for their personal DVD players. We are keeping the leap pads reading bound for now, educational not for entertainment. Our 3 year old likes the camera, she can flip through her own pictures, and I got my phone back!
djsully answered on November 30, 2011
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you so much for the quick response, we were about to buy the leappad, but not been able to watch videos/movies or listen to music in it, is a deal breaker. We are going with the Innotab instead. Since we will be able to put my nephew's favorite movies and music in an SD card, it seems the videos have to be in .avi format, wish it was mp4 instead, but not that hard to convert format, I think. Couldn't care less for a built in camera really. The Innotab seems to be a little bigger and heavier, but it has a leg on the back for it to stand, I think that's nice. Leappad maybe right for some people's needs, but Innotab suits our needs better. @djsully: Thanks again, your response helped us a lot in making our decision.
David answered on December 1, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
After all this discussion, it almost seems like it would be easier to just buy a cheap tablet and load it with educational aps.
LaDonna answered on September 1, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i cant even get my computer to recognize the innotab? I cant put anything on it if it wont even recognize it.
Jill Whited answered on December 15, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just checking, the Leapad does NOT play videos or music? We were about to buy it for my 5 years old nephew, but I we want something that can play movies and music, so we don't have carry his portable dvd player along anymore, or use our phones for him to watch videos or listen to music. I had not even considered the Innotab, but being able to play videos and music on the tablet is hands down better than having a built in camera, imo. Could somebody confirm this, thank you.
David answered on December 1, 2011
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can I put movies on an SD card to give to my nephew on Christmas Eve with his Innotab? Or does it have to come from the computer that he may eventually hook up to the Innotab (my brother's computer)?
Margaret Workman answered on December 7, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product