Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2010 12:36:49 PM PST
Unit543 says:
stop with the increase I might as well get robbed by gamestop..

Posted on Dec 21, 2010 2:18:09 PM PST
Yeah. Things should be free. What is Amazon trying to do? Be competitive and stay profitable?

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 9:33:27 AM PST
JamieinMN says:
I don't really understand why Amazon's prices change daily. I mean if they buy 150,000 units for a wholesale price of $22, then there should be a reason that one day they charge $30 and the next day they charge $44, then $35, then $32, then $37. Find a price and stick with it

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 7:23:59 PM PDT
Orcus says:
i bought GTA 4 in costa rica for 80$ and now i regret it since i could have waited and got the whole experience for half the price... what a ripoff !

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 8:30:58 AM PDT
Joe says:
Jamie: Amazon doesn't buy wholesale... that's not their business model. Their price fluctuates because their suppliers' prices fluctuate.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 10:05:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2011 6:20:53 PM PST
I bought it at a Target store for $20 the other day. I looked online today and I saw that everyone else was selling it for $35-$40, which lead me to think that maybe I found a mispriced copy at the store. Well, go to the Target website and, sure enough, it confirms the $20 price:

http://www.target.com/p/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Complete-PlayStation-3/-/A-13466743

The catch is that it's only available in stores, not online. If you have a Target store nearby, and you want the game, I suggest you get down there and scour the shelves for a copy. I got lucky and found one sitting on the front of the shelf, and I wasn't even looking for this particular game. Heck, I never even knew that Rockstar made a "complete" edition with all of the DLC content and the original game bundled together until I saw it on the shelf!

This was such a great deal that I bought the game even though I don't (yet) own a PS3. I just ordered a PS3 tonight from NewEgg.com (the 320GB Uncharted 3 bundle for $300).

Interestingly, the Target website lists the regular edition of GTA4 at $4.50 more than the complete edition.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions