Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
SLR, end of an era ??? leica M, fuji100, olympus ep 3 sony nex 7 ,etc... will win over SLR systems?, does it worth to still improve your SLR back pack?? instead of high end mirrorless systems??
asked by J. R. M. E on September 6, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I doubt very much if we will see many DSLR's ten years from now, and that is based on lower cost full frame ones becoming available.
Sparky answered on June 18, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I disagree with you Sparky. The DSLR has some advantages over the mirrorless cameras, which I will not list here. Most likely the photographer will see some combination of mirrorless and SLR in the future.
I know I don't like a lot of the compact system cameras, but I do love my Sony Alpha A-mount. I also own a NEX for my wife to use.
Ken Drake answered on January 2, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree with Sparky. I believe that the DSLR is on its way out, albeit protracted exit because of the volume of lenses in existence, being replaced by mirrorless bodies. What I see on the horizon is Nikon producing something similar to the Fujifilm X-E1 with a full-frame sensor, an EVF, and, as a matter of necessity, the same Nikon mount, maintaining the same distance to film plane in order to make usable their current lens offerings and a host of legacy lenses. I would not be surprised if this is not already in the drawing boards. I myself have partially switched over to Fuji for short focal-length photography (under 100mm) and will switch to the Nikon D7100 for use on my 70-200mm and 200-400mm Nikkors.
The Tinkerer answered on May 2, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mirror less are certainly the future (and even the present), but that doesn't mean that existing DSLRs have stopped working. Due to mirrorless and all the people jumping ships, there's an every increasing inventory of used DSLR bodies and lenses. That means you can get a used DSLR for much less.

Each system has its limitations right now. You just have to pick one and see if it fits your needs. If it doesn't then try another system. The end goal is to make good images, and hopefully learn the skills to do so, irrespective of the system. Then you can chose the system, that you most enjoy using.
Amol Kolhe answered on August 24, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product