Is my ZS20 is a lemon? Takes 2secs each to save shot to memory card (pqi 150x 16GB class10 SDHC). 10 fps takes 20 sec to write to the card. Unusable!
asked by S-N-D on July 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Update after more research: This happens to Most of the people who are shooting in RAW especially when they shoot 3-10 BURSTS. No way these point and shoots can burst 3-10 pictures in RAW and process quickly
greg c answered on October 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Are you using a high speed memory card? Sounds like you aren't and it's taking forever to save to the card.
JeffTaylor answered on October 28, 2012

A
I was Astounded by the answers I've read on this subject by the "pros"...In effect the public wanted more optic zoom which of course meant they Still wanted good resolution which meant higher megapixel...the problem eventually began to affect ALL
BRANDS of point and shoots (some worse) as they continue to use small sensors so as not to compete with their high $ DSLR manual cameras and their professional market. Thus, we end up with a trade-off for speed, quality, and magnification. Example: My Lumix LZ5 is 6X optical and only 6.0 megapixel. Not an EARLY point and shoot, but not a HOT NEW one. The result is it shoots almost perfect "nonpro" shots up to only 6x in a variety of non extreme light conditions that are not to be blown up as posters. It warms up FAST, focuses FAST, shoots FAST, FASTER, & FASTEST as a little non pro point and shoot. Same with my LARGE FZ-30 12x manual optical zoom...lots of TZ reviews had 100's of raves.
However, some pro reviewers wrote that the newer higher megapixel slow processing speeds after repeated multi-burst shots could be increased with certain settings that would SHOOT IN LOWER MEGAPIXELS providing batteries weren't the problem NOR wrong Memory cards [since many consumers had complained, but didn't use the correct card].
After hrs on end of research through various brands and megapixels of the higher magnification point and shoots and seeing the same complaints and same answers, I believe the above is correct, but advise you to talk to two or three professionals that have used a variety of point and shoot back up cameras to "catch that quick shot". Local news staffs usually have several as well as the camera shop guy that knows the ins and outs of the techy items. Lg. Sensor size seems available only in the high end cameras. I hope this info is helpful. My plan is to stick with the good ones I've got for a few years and hope they begin to offer Lg sensors, high MP, and Super Zooms that work in AutoFocus! : )
greg c answered on October 3, 2012

A
CHARGE THE BATTERY !
B.A. answered on July 29, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
CHARGE THE BATTERY !
B.A. answered on July 29, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would suggest you contact Panasonic support to determine if the write times you are experiencing are normal.
Jeff Miller answered on July 29, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›