Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm Film SLR Camera Kit with 28-80mm Lens
Used & New from: $70.00
What kinds of lenses are compatible with/recommended for the Canon Rebel 2000?
asked by Emily on May 7, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
The Rebel 2000 can use any Canon EOS EF mount (i.e., full-frame) lens ever made by Canon. It can not physically mount Canon EF-S lenses as these are designed only for digital cameras with smaller APS-C sized sesnors. Other third-party "digital-only" lenses such as Sigma DC and Tamron Di-II will fit on the camera but will cause severe vignetting (dark corners in images). The camera also can not use old manual Canon FD mount lenses from Canon's previous generation of film SLRs.

You can actually find some decent used third-party film-era lenses for film Rebels for great prices because many of these older third-party (Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, etc.) lenses aren't entirely comaptible with Canon DSLRs (Canon tweaked the electrical characteristics for their cameras when they went digital). Honest sellers will often mark these lenses as "film only", "not for digital", etc.
Technology Guy answered on June 25, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mines came with 28-80mm Lens which allows me to zoom into objects very clear at 60-70ft away. Further than that still allows for a great shot. I dont know of other compatible lenses but if you can find a better one it would be best.
Terence .J answered on May 8, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Patsy
Patsy answered on July 31, 2013
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product