Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 20, 2011 7:33:04 PM PDT
This is a great game but i will not said best ever, I recently play the original and though it was very fun I found myself constantly going to a strategy guide because the game does very poorly on telling what you got to do next, even with the constant annoying of the fairy I did not know what to do next. I guess that's why they put a hint system on the new version. I just don't know why no one ever mention that before.......... until now.

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 9:34:28 PM PDT
Nick says:
I don't get what you're saying. I was able to find out where to go just fine. Even without the Fairy, as long as you pay attention to the text, it's pretty straightforward.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 1:04:45 AM PDT
Lucas Diego says:
OoT is nothing. I was a kid when the original Legend of Zelda came out on NES. If you thought OoT was hard when it came to getting help on where to go next, you have no idea what us old timers had to go through on the NES.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 9:33:12 AM PDT
Riiiiptide says:
Sounds to me you're a bit upset about getting stuck on parts of the game? First of all, there are hint movies that pretty much tell you what to do, which is rather unfortunate as previously, clearing OoT for the first time gave one a sense of pride (due to the difficulty of the puzzles, which you have mentioned.) Second of all, if you're going to criticize the game, you should criticize the quality or specific attributes rather than just complaining that the game is too hard. Yes, the puzzles are difficult. Yes it is tempting to use a walkthrough. Try doing it without a walkthrough and just your brain. It will be very difficult and probably very frustrating at first, but trust me, the human brain is remarkable in its learning abilities. I am sure if you gave it a chance, you will get it. Have fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2011 9:56:16 AM PDT
Grace says:
omgomgomg so true.

I've never actually finished the first Zelda because of that hahaha

Never had any problem with OoT, though.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 10:17:46 AM PDT
Bbt says:
Why would you guys mark his post as not adding to the discussion? It is his discussion and without his post there is no discussion. Not sure why Amazon would let you vote it down to begin with.

As for the OP, I remember having to use a guide for several parts when I first played it on 64. Hopefully I can beat it without one now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2011 12:02:00 PM PDT
M. Diaz says:
I hear ya. People use those buttons to vote whether they like the comment or not and not whether it pertains to the discussion. It is childish and I don't like it either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2011 12:24:38 PM PDT
Riiiiptide I never said the game was hard or the puzzles, its the fact that when you do finish a temple the game itself seems to just stop. I ask the fairy even the green hair girl, as well as the people, but got no where. I feel like Oot is missing some important parts. That's why there is a hint system now. I guess Nintendo realize that.They are very lucky no one complain then.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 10:42:15 PM PDT
Riiiiptide says:
The game is very extensive and since I have started playing the 3D version, I cannot quite remember exact details. Can you give instances of where you claim "the game itself seems to just stop"? I think collecting the Spiritual Stones is very straightforward (currently working on the third on my 3D game right now) and if I recall correctly, Navi gives pretty good directions on where to go for the temples.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2011 12:50:25 AM PDT
Jacob. B says:
Id say navi never stops telling you where to go she really gets annoying sometimes :P.

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 1:09:17 PM PDT
While Navi is annoying, there were some parts where she was actually helpful in the original game. I, personally, liked the fact that the game kinda leaves you wondering what to do next....that's old school gaming there and it gave me alot of satisfaction when I figured out things on my own. Even so, that doesn't diminish the fact that I feel it is a great game. I love games that make you think. These days, one hardly uses their brains unless they have to, lol.

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 7:16:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2011 7:17:34 PM PDT
yea i noticed that Zelda is not for everyone. I have friends who have played a few games and actually never passed them. It takes a combination of adventure and focus on the story to know where you gotta go or what you gotta do next. I've never had trouble passing any zelda game, the only thing tricky is all the side quests.... finding all the heart containers/ killing all the golden skulltulas/ acquiring the 4th bottle/ getting the Goron sword... that stuff takes some questing to GetR dunn.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2011 8:35:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2011 8:35:44 PM PDT
mjc0961 says:
Really? You haven't figured it out yet? People use them as like and dislike buttons.

That said, being able to vote on the first post is useful. If someone posts a thread about their favorite ice cream in here, that would not add to the discussion of Ocarina of Time 3D and thus should get "no" votes.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 3:20:09 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
The first Zelda took months...MONTHS...for my friends and I to finish. The sense of accomplishment upon finishing was epically triumphant.

Technically, the game can be beaten with 100% items in a couple of hours if you know where everything is.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 11:44:59 PM PDT
J. Smith says:
Dude, if you just wonder around for 10 minutes without progressing the story, Navi the fairy tells you EXACTLY what to do next.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2011 6:55:05 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
This is true. I beat the original Zelda on the NES when I was just a kid, but it was a group effort involving me and several of my friends who also had the game. We'd give each other tips and info on where to go... was how it was done before the internet. It was kind actually kind of cool that way. Killing Gannon with the Silver arrows and just finding him in that damn dungeon felt like such an accomplishment!

I managed to get through OoT without a guide. Compared to some other Zelda titles OoT is a piece of cake.

The only LoZ I've never beaten was Zelda 2, tAoL, but I'm working on it now. That is probably one of the most unforgivingly difficult games I've ever played!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2011 7:12:56 AM PDT
Captain fuzz says:
I kind of agree with you I started playing the original a year ago and put it down for 4 months and started playing again and I'm just lost which is why I'm going to play through it on the 3DS then go back on my N64 and try to complete it.

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 12:42:57 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
The secret to Adventure of Link is to grind, grind, grind!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2011 12:57:52 PM PDT
Shanghaied says:
You aren't kidding! I'll spend 30 minutes - 1 hour grinding, attempt a dungeon, fail, and head out and grind some more! Only Zelda game like that!

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 1:01:10 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
It gets a little tedious the further you get, as experience requirements get more and more tough! When all is said and done though, that was one of the best games ever.

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 1:25:33 PM PDT
Shanghaied says:
Honestly, it's really grown on me a lot as I get further into it. Even though it's incredibly challenging it's incredibly rewarding when you accomplish something; really feels like you earned it!

Definitely a great game!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jun 20, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (981)