Does MS office come with 3 licsenes for 3 different computers? I have 3 new computers. Best Buy has MS Office for $99. However for only one computer. Office Max has the MS Office for $149. That has 3 licsenes whichis a better deal for me. Does this MS Office have 3 or licsenes for $99?
asked by Tom Henninger on September 26, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 25 answers
A
votes
This one has 3. I know, cause I just bought it
Dark Sun answered on September 30, 2010

A
votes
Poorvic, you should be fine. My son installed his on his laptop while he was away at school and I installed mine here at home. We had no problem at all.
Sl Judge answered on November 24, 2010

A
votes
When it says three licenses in same household does that mean physically? In other words, if i install one on my computer at home, and my son installs his on a computer in a different locations will they both work? Stupid question i know but things are getting to be so complicated and annoying!
poorvic answered on November 21, 2010

A
votes
A family member of mine downloaded a trial version from Microsoft then used one of the product keys from the box software to activate it. Not sure if it was a fluke or not, but it seems like it should work for everyone else.
Alex Dodd answered on January 22, 2011

A
votes
Your documents will not get over written or delete when you install a retail version over a trail version.
Richard Huntington answered on January 12, 2011

A
votes
I have two computers - a desktop with a disc drive and a netbook without a disc drive. How do I put this on my netbook?
D. Hare answered on January 22, 2011

A
vote
am using TRIAL VERSION now (30 days?)...want to buy one listed on Amazon...will the one bought on amazon overwrite any EXCEL or WORD that i have created on TRIAL VERSION...???
Michael C. Armendariz answered on January 5, 2011

A
votes
I'll be installing the Home/Student 3-user pack on 3 different laptops at home, but I'll be replacing one of the laptops within next 12 months. If you're using this version and are using all 3 licenses, can you later uninstall from one of the PCs and then move to another PC?

(From some of the descriptions of other versions of Office, I infer that it's only for use on 1 PC and can't be moved, but I could be misunderstanding.)

Thanks for any replies.
G Hammer answered on January 4, 2012

A
votes
I own a Windows 7 desktop and a Macbook Air. I want to put MS Office on both of them, but I don't understand the cheapest way to do it. Do I have to buy 1 copy of each version (ridiculous), or could I purchase a 3 pack and use one of the licenses on my mac?

It's so confusing!
zackbenimble answered on March 6, 2012

A
votes
Richard, much thanks
Michael C. Armendariz answered on January 12, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›