Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > 50 Words For Snow forum

just listened to the whole CD on kate bush's website----BORING

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2011 7:06:04 AM PST
roxynewyork says:
i went to google kate bush and scrolled down to a link that let's
you listen to the complete CD or each individual song. i listened to
the first song in entireity it was so bland never picked up and was
so slow. then i listened to each individual song and that all got
worse. the only one that gave me the feeling i usually get with
kate's magical music was "50 words for snow" but it still is not
that great. i just wanna say i have loved kate bush since
"kick inside" but i can be honest enough to myself to know if i
have a favorite artists that does'nt mean i will like every recording
they make. and this new CD i will not buy. it all has a quiet feel
to it with only piano background in most songs. sorry kate i love
you but on this why i have no idea of what happened.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 7:13:52 AM PST
roxynewyork says:
i am sure i will get alot kate fans upset i told what i thought. and i am not gonna argue i did what we all do---reviewed a new
CD. i hope everyone loves the CD because i know the excitement of new kate bush music. this one just did'nt do anything for
me. and i love "AERIAL"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 12:52:36 PM PST
C. Seaton says:
How ridiculous to dismiss this album as boring, it's nothing short of astonishing. Like her earlier work it will not be immediate but reward the listener time and time again as it reveals more of itself with each play. If the previous review has made you unsure, then please do a search on what other people and reviews have to say. I have yet to read anything like the previous piffle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 3:18:09 PM PST
David Harris says:
Doesn't upset me at all. Mine arrives Monday and I'll judge it then, but I am one of those squirrelly people who does love everything she does. Some of her albums grow on me slower than others but it's worth it. Usually because they're all so different!

Heck it's not even just Kate, I remember vividly in 1987 running to a friend's house with the new Whitney Houston LP. We listened to both sides and shrugged "Eh, no hits on this album." lol

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 5:10:00 PM PST
I don't see how anyone could listen to this record who loves "art" and would so easily dismiss it. Did you listen to it all the way to the end, or just the first 30 seconds? It is BRILLIANT!

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 5:15:56 PM PST
Did you bother to listen to Snowed in at Wheeler Street? Elton John's voice has never sounded better and that song is the furthest thing from "boring" that I can imagine. Go back to your Metallica records.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 9:40:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2011 9:42:02 PM PST
Hinch says:
I received my cd tuesday. I love it!! It's not boring to me in the least.
I have all her albums and imo, it's her best since HOUNDS OF LOVE. Of her last 3 albums, (not counting DIRECTOR'S CUT, which I don't have yet) the only one I liked a lot was THE RED SHOES. I was really surprised when I listened to 50 WORDS FOR SNOW. Seems she's recaptured some of her early magic.

in order as favorite

The Dreaming (1982)
Hounds of Love (1985)
50 Words for Snow (2011)
The Kick Inside (1978)
Never for Ever (1980)
The Red Shoes (1993)
Aerial (2005)
Lionheart (1978)
The Sensual World (1989)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2011 1:51:15 AM PST
I too have been a long term fan of Kate's but this is a boring and dissapointing CD, Her voice is still lovely but it was all devoid off the life that her music usually represents.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 11:45:47 AM PDT
Chev says:
I personally loved this, but don't knock the honesty of people that didn't care for it. Saying go back to your metallica records simply makes you look ignorant. I think this is a beautiful album, but let me tell you, i didn't care for ariael, no matter how much i played it, i thought it was dire. Not everyone loves everything blindly. Lets try for a little'respect on our disagreements.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  50 Words For Snow forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
50 Words For Snow
50 Words For Snow by Kate Bush (Audio CD - 2011)
4.1 out of 5 stars (147)