Is this litter box compatible with Feline Pine? I like this box because it's stylish and has high sides, something that the Feline Pine's sifting litter box doesn't have. However, I want to keep using Feline Pine (Original).

Would this box work well with the sawdust that Feline Pine creates?
asked by Kore on October 21, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
I quite disagree...there are lots of FP users using the breeze set up...just do a google of "feline pine, Breeze"
I continue to use the pads and every day or two I scoop for poops, then stir up the pellets a bit so all the sawdust goes down into the tray...then I dump the sawdust (making sure I hold on to an edge of the pad so it doesn't go in the trash if it doesn't need to. if you wait too long to sift out the sawdust, yes, it will get stinky and the tray will be hard to pull out without making a mess.

Even so, I keep the system on large rubbermaid tub lid to catch things if they scatter when I pull the tray out to empty the contents.

I'm still trying to figure out a set up that would allow the sawdust to be able to "sift out" on it's own without having to rake through the pellets. That and a deeper tray would allow me to be gone for a number of days without having someone come in and deal with the box.
KathyC answered on January 14, 2011

A
votes
NO!! The worst smell ever. I tried feline pine in the breeze system because I wanted to change the pellets weekly due the the remaining poop that gets left on the breeze pellets. It was terrible. The feline pine pellets would get saturated with urine leaving the worst smell ever.
shopper36 answered on November 15, 2010

A
votes
My experience using Feline Pine in the Breeze system: I tried this thinking that it would be better, cheaper, more odor controlling, etc...over the Breeze zeolite pellets. It was not. You will find that you must tend the box more often to stir the sawdust down to the tray the amount of sawdust generated greatly increased my overall waste so how is that better? Zeolite is a natural mineral, plentiful and cheap, and has nothing added. How was I going to be sure that the pine scented sawdust wasn't containing any nasty chemicals if there was any accidental mix-ups or corner cutting? Anyway, the tremendous amount of waste was a major turn off. Secondly, it was not any less expensive and required more work on my part to keep the system clean. Also, we did not like the overpowering smell of the pine and neither did our 3 cats. It was less odor controlling than using the pellets and pads as well. I have one 15 year old cat with chronic kidney failure who urinates copiously and it meant constant cleaning and replacing of pellets for her. Far less of an issue with the zeolite. My large kittens created far more waste than with the zeolite and pads, too. We did the math and found that we were saving nothing, creating more landfill mess, using more litter genie resources and generally creating more work for ourselves by being "green". Well, zeolite is as green as it gets and though the pads aren't, it is a matter of balance. So, go with what you prefer and if curious, give it a go. I went back to the original zeolite and pads and will not look back. Check out farm supply stores to see if they can get the zeolite for you cheaper, just check size first.
SimplyMyOpinion answered on February 17, 2014

A
votes
We use FP in our Breeze box and it works just fine. Right now we have a combo of FP, Yesterdays News and the Breeze pellets just because that's what I've bought. I don't like how much the FP pellets disolve into sawdust but it goes right through the grates really well. The YN pellets don't turn to sawdust and stay pretty intact so they work a little different/better.
We have 3 cats and 3 boxes and have tried everything out there and this is by far the best system. If the Breeze pellets were less expensive we'd stick with that only though.
J. Heiner answered on August 7, 2012

A
vote
Here in Japan, these system toilets are popular and there a number of products you can use in them, not just one brand or lineup.

Recently I have seen pellets that look like the regular ones--wood chip pellets, but they dissolve slowly. So with urine, the urine is absorbed and forms a saw dust that falls to the compartment below.

I am trying these chips now instead of the totally non-absorbent ones.
Charles Jannuzi answered on January 28, 2012

A
vote
I took a large screwdriver and sort of opened up the slats a bit more to help the sawdust waste portion fall more easily below.
Charles Jannuzi answered on January 28, 2012

A
vote
NO...not @ all....it would block the holes & all of it would go down to the pad that is created for urine only.
I would hate to see the mess that it create. Breeze pellets do not soak up the urine or dissolve
in anyway, urine just drains to the bottom pad. Feline Pine would dissolve & clog everything.
" ) Meow
HaiHayzMOM answered on November 9, 2010

A
votes
There is a product in Canada called "yesterday's news" which look like little hard sticks made of recycled paper and I think these might work in the Breeze systerm and are probably healthier in case your cat tries to eat the pellets.
S. Dean answered on March 6, 2012

A
votes
please tell me the size of the breeze litter box because I like a jumbo size box with high sides or at least an xlg. Thanks
Bengal baby answered on August 13, 2012

A
votes
Is breeze safe for kittens
ALICE D. answered on September 3, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›