What litter tracks least with the Litter Robot? What brand of litter have people had the most success with preventing tracking? The manufacturer doesn't recommend a particular brand, but did suggest a finer grained litter. I'm using Ever Clean.
[UPDATED] asked by J. Elliot on July 9, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
I have been using the crystals since 2006, shortly after I purchased the litter robot. The clumping was too all-over the place for my "maintenance free" needs. If I go too long without changing the crystal litter (like, more than five weeks) it gets totally disgustingly wet since the litter itself doesn't get dumped with the "number 2s," but as long as I remember to change it after a month (I "litterally" have to put it on the calendar because it never smells!), it's great, and doesn't "track" nearly as much. I only have one cat, for what it's worth.
Julie answered on January 14, 2012

A
vote
I use Dr. Elsey's and it is the perfect clumping litter. I tried crystals (despite the manufacturer's suggestion against doing this ) and it was pretty gross really fast, for me. I have two cats so maybe that made the difference.
Amazon Customer answered on May 3, 2012

A
votes
Try worlds best cat litter
S. Bien answered on December 20, 2010

A
votes
Any better brand of hard-clumping litter will work, but with the Litter Robot all litters will be tracked & scattered, depending on egress habits of your cat(s), breed (paw furriness), and age of litter. Still better than the old box.
A. S. Templeton answered on June 7, 2011

A
votes
I use unscented Scoop Away clumping and it works great. Yes, the cats knock it out of the box, and there is definitely tracking around the entrance to the box, but that is a small price to pay for using such a great litter box. And the unscented litter is nice because it doesn't make your house smell like scented litter.
amazon_rocks answered on April 24, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›