Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > The Little House forum

little house on the prairie for older girls?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2011 10:32:55 AM PDT
greeneyes22 says:
I love books like little house on the prairie, grandma attic series, and some of the love finds you series but i was looking for more books like these but for young women 18-23 that are christian novels that are super clean (no edgy novels please)something with adventure, pioneers and a little romance any ideas would be great!

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 4:36:44 PM PDT
Tara Cowdrey says:
I loved the "Women of the West" series that Janette Oke wrote. They are each standalone books but all fit in the pioneer-type, adventure, and inevitably romantic genre. "A Gown of Spanish Lace" was my favorite :D
I grew up reading the Little house books and the Grandma's attic series over and over again and I loved these books as I got older (Well, I'm currently 21)

I have never read them but I've heard a lot of good things about Oke's "Love comes Softly" series. (and there are related series that follow this allowing lots of great reading!)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2011 7:01:28 PM PDT
greeneyes22 says:
Thanks these books sound like what i was looking for! and i like the love comes softly movies but ive never read the books either :-)

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 5:46:56 PM PDT
D. Mckinzie says:
I have never been a fan of the Janette Oke books. Not because they aren't great stories. They really are. It's been a long time since I read one, and my perspective might be different now, but I remember being driven nuts by how she wrote, presumably, the way people talked then (or she thought they did) and the grammar was bad and the spelling and pronunciation was bad. It was intentional, to make it realistic, but it drove me crazy. Still, they are great stories and I might fell differently about them now. Another series that greeneyes22 might like to look into is Lorraine Snelling's "Blessings" series. It's about two Norwegian couples who come to America in the mid 1800's and settle in the Dakotas. There are six books in the first series, three in the second, and several more in the third. It follows the family through the original generation and into the marriages and children of their children. It's hugely popular and all of it is available on Kindle. The first book is a little sad, and she puts plenty of realism in it, showing how hard it was for those who first came to this country from Europe, but I think the entire series is addictive!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Little House forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 25, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Little House
The Little House by Laura Ingalls Wilder (Paperback - May 30, 1994)
4.8 out of 5 stars (614)