Where is the smoke on/off switch on 1225 locomotive? Page 13 of the manual has a diagram that shows 2 switches, my locomotive has no switches.
asked by Amazon Customer on December 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
It's on the back of the engine. If you're looking at the rear and can see the detail that looks like the door where coal would be added to he boiler, the switch is to the left of the door. I've attached a link to the manual online and the graphic on page 13 shows where the switch is located but not all the detail that exists on the actual train. http://www.lionel.com/media/servicedocuments/73-1960-250.pdf
Goodneighbor answered on May 31, 2013

A
votes
On the Polar Express, it is in the back. On the platform on both sides of the door that the engineer would enter. It is very well camouflaged, it took me a while to find it.
Rack BaLLZ answered on December 27, 2012

A
vote
It is in the engineers compartment of the train. Their should be two side by side. I beleive one is reverse on and off and the other is for smoke
Mderr answered on December 26, 2012

A
votes
I can't find the switch either, the instruction sheet states the smoke mechanism will burn out if it is not kept full. Maybe the engine has been improved and no longer requires smoke maintenance. I read where there were improvements made on the engine.
Sandra L Woodard answered on December 25, 2012

A
votes
Hi there, the smoke on/off switch is on the locomotive. Inside where the Engineers sits (I don't know what you call that part). There are 2 switch, one for the Smoke and the other for the Reverse Direction. Hope that helps.
Amazon Customer answered on December 25, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›