How long do Dyson Product last? I brought Hoovers & Eureka and they seem only to last a year. The suctions would stop working And I find it expensive to replace every year. Can you tell me how long your Dyson Last? and which model? Thank You
asked by Kwok Chan on March 6, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 28 answers
A
My original yellow dyson lasted 7 years, went in the garbage today. I'm buying another one, this time the ball one.
Debra I. Mcclain answered on April 20, 2011
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My purple Dyson is going strong after 8 years. However, I'm going for a "ball" model - it's so much lighter and easier to manuver.
D. Ashbrook answered on August 3, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Our yellow Dyson lasted more than 10 years and is still very efficient.
Just Fun answered on November 12, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Our original red dyson lasted 6 years before the roller stopped spinning.
Simple Simon answered on July 10, 2011
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you buy a low cost vacuum it's not going to last long. I have owned a Dyson and I presently own a Hoover Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum, Platinum Collection, UH70015. This is Hoover's top of the line Platinum model and it's a Dyson at half price. Amazon has it on sale for $248 right now and its worth every penny. It's well made has every feature found on the Dyson and several features you can't get on the Dyson model. It has a high customer satisfaction rating and it cleans like...you guessed it a Dyson. I really suggest you try this model before paying up to twice as much for the Dyson Vacuum. It also has a 6 year factory warranty, that's something you can't get on the Dyson.
R. Reed answered on December 4, 2011
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't understand folks that think 6 or 7 years is a long life on a vaccuum. People have kirby's and rainbows and electroluxes for generations ... literally. I currently use my grandmothers electrolux canister that is 50 years old. I've had hoovers that were 100 dollars last 12 years...so for a 500 dollar vaccuum 6 years is not a good life span
Tilla R. Ham answered on November 27, 2012
Comments (2) | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I"ve had my Dyson Animal for about 8 years now, it's definitely falling apart, but it still works. I'm looking for a new one now.
C. Altizer answered on December 30, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sorry to be the wet blanket here, but I have had two Dysons, one lasted about a year, the other only about a month with admittedly heavy use - lots of pet hair. The brushes stopped spinning on both. The second was obviously a lemon and I could have gone through the whole warranty process, but I am so disgusted with Dyson, I don't even want to deal with them. When they work, they are great, but for the money, they have a very high failure rate.
MouseLady answered on November 27, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My purple Dyson is going strong after 8 years. However, I'm going for a "ball" model - it's so much lighter and easier to manuver.
D. Ashbrook answered on August 3, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Our Dyson DC-18 (slim, non-ball version) died today after 7+ years. We had an issue with it automatically moving from the main suction to the wand suction for the past year but were able to manually switch it over when needing to use attachments. Definitely expensive and won't last a lifetime, but worth it for the cleaning power and functionality. You give up some durability for all the plastic, but gain a lot in weight, etc.
El Duderino answered on March 30, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product