Customer Discussions > New Super Mario Bros. U forum

Can not longer pre order black Wii U.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 15, 2012 10:42:17 AM PDT
I went to ebgames or gamestop as it's called now, to pre order the black Wii U. I was told that Nintendo stop selling the extended version of the Wii U. They guy told me I could order the other just in case. I did not do it. I want the bigger version. What is with Nintendo? Do they like to release a system and make sure no one can get it? So now I will search the web trying to find a place to pre order the version I want. I have one place in mind. After that, I will just have to wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 10:51:39 AM PDT
Michael says:
It's been two days. Do you know how quickly items go in that amount of time when people are ordering all over the country? Try toys r us or any other smaller store, as best buy, game stop, and target are sold out. Walmart as well, it seems.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 10:59:08 AM PDT
Michael says:
Toys r us has the black 32gb right now online for Pre-order, I just checked. Act fast or it will be too bad, so sad.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 11:09:02 AM PDT
HAH!!!! My mom was up stairs looking and of ALL the places in the world she was on sears site. I actually pre ordered it....Kmart!!!! LOLOL The old girl's still got it. Good old Kmart. See, just when you think you've seen the last light in the eyes of a retail store, you actually get blinded by the beams. I am so freaking happy. Actually, I'm kind of freaking out. I have like at least 15 games for each system to beat. I guess I better start crack a lackin and play some games.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 11:49:16 AM PDT
Redblaze says:
I found the black Wii U on Best Buy, Pre-ordered it and several hours later got an E-mail saying it was back-ordered that's a big middle finger if I've gotten as of Late so now it's looks like I gotta get Lucky and hope someone cancels and I'm able to get it then.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 1:32:04 PM PDT
Supah Rei says:
I'm actually glad that I preordered at Toys R' Us. Best Buy and GameStop are the top choices for preorders so places like Kmart and Toys R' Us doesn't come to anyone's mind.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 8:48:08 AM PDT
Michael K says:
You may still be able to pre-order in store at best buy. But pretty much most online outlets are out of the deluxe.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 2:21:03 PM PDT
Retrobat says:
Rusty, are you serious? Did you really preorder from BestBuy.com and then they later notified you that it was backordered? That sounds terribly irresponsible of them. If they let you preorder it, that should have meant that you had a unit secured. I know that now they are showing that they're sold out of preorders, but to do what they did to you...I'm sorry to hear it. Some retailers are still selling preorders of the white Wii U, so not all hope is lost for now.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 8:25:53 AM PDT
BestBuy has as habit of also saying things are in store and then telling you not in store after you already place order.
I preordered mine from BestBuy too, pretty sure I got it very shortly after they put it up because I kept checking that day...
I don't recall getting an email about it being back ordered but I hope I never did.
I did store pickup, and where I live has Blue Laws (Bergen County, NJ... only "essential" stores are to stay open to give people who live here a rest from the mall traffic, which is CRAZY the other 6 days of week since Bergen County is a mall and shopping mecca).
Anyway BestBuy is closed Sundays (funnily enough GameStop stays open Sundays... but I have $200 Gift Card for BestBuy and I much prefer Bestbuy as my brick and mortar store) but the email did say available for pickup on 11/18. So I wonder if they just say that for all stores not knowing each which stores are closed on Sunday... or if they plan on having a midnight opening and just closing afterwards.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 9:22:49 AM PDT
Your Best Buy is closed on Sunday? That's cool. Like back in the day when all places were closed on Sunday. Yes, I would like best buy as well, but it's good to help another store out with the business. Plus, I am assuming that Kmart can use all the business we can give it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 12:24:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2012 12:25:27 PM PDT
klopas says:
When I preordered the Wii at Toys R' Us, it was not fun. A couple friends and I camped it out overnight on a cold November night just to guarantee a preorder. Then, when I went to pick up the Wii on release day, there was another huge line just to get the system that I had already waited in a huge line for about a week ago.

I think pre-orders are handled much better now, but that was a wild time. I went with Gamestop and was 9th to order the Deluxe Wii U. I do not plan on waiting at the midnight release. They better not sell my pre-order!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 6:57:56 AM PDT
For my preorder I will go if midnight launch because store itself isn't open on Sundays so if they do a midnight thing only chance to get it on actual launch day. If not will just go Monday morning sometime, shoudln't be a problem I would think, doubt will be a line on a Monday morning at 10am. I took off of work for the week to play haha.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 12:00:02 PM PDT
P. R. Blay says:
Last Thursday went to local game store at noon an preordered a 32gb console. I was told I was the first to do so for that chain in the region. I went back later about 4pm to see what games I could also preorder. Since earlier I was told one other console was perordered. I decided to get 3 more,.. one for goddaughter, one for girlfriends daughter and one more just in case a friend or family member may decide later that they want one. I guess not many people tried until Friday afternoon or even the weekend.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 11:33:13 PM PDT
OnCallParty says:
Walmart is taking Wii U Pre-sale Layway. Just go to the Layway service desk and ask to put a Wii U on layway. I already did mine. You'll have to put down $5 plus 10% of the cost. You'll also need a photo ID. You'll have to pick it up and pay it off by the 18th of Nov. This is the ONLY way you can guarantee you'll get one on Day 1 if you haven't already pre-ordered.
Deadline for layway is Nov. 1st.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Sep 15, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Mario Bros. U by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii U)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (466)