Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > X-Men: Destiny forum

Im looking forward to this one, who's with me!?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 6, 2011 1:56:58 PM PDT
N. C. Hill says:
I hope they put some marvel love into this title, it's the least they can do.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2011 3:42:44 PM PDT
Aslong as they understand not everyone loves Deadpool and wolverine, i`ll be happy.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2011 4:19:50 PM PDT
S. H. Wells says:
I love the concept: customize your own mutant (Role-playing game style) in the Marvel universe. The possibilities are endless.... this game will come down to execution. If they pull off a superhero RPG (hopefully with great co-op play) set in the marvel universe, they will have a blockbuster. If they release it prematurely like pretty much any of the movie tie-in marvel games, they will have a super-dud on their hands.

I love x-men. I enjoy the unique/personalized characters possible with a deep customization system (Oblivion or Borderlands). Put the two together and I'll be in heaven.

Posted on May 23, 2011 1:37:53 AM PDT
TVonDVD says:
Whats the release date on this game? It says Aug 31, 2011 but is that a confirmed date?

Posted on Jun 9, 2011 12:51:05 AM PDT
Skullinane says:
I have been interested by the sound of this title as well. Has anyone heard if there is going to be any sort of online co-op play?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 11:31:55 AM PDT
S. H. Wells says:
So far the details are pretty sparse. There are some details over at IGN (including some gameplay videos which look decent).

The Article from IGN is at http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1174861p1.html

The editor over there seems to be leaning towards X-Men Destiny looking pretty good. But the fact that I haven't seen a lot come out about it, makes me a little worried that it'll be a stinker

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 9:20:03 PM PDT
Ewok says:
Well they just threw the release date back to 31 Dec 2011. Which means they're still working on it. My guess is it'll release sometime Oct/Nov since there is bound to be serious demand for this game as a holiday gift. I hope it's good, like Ultimate Alliance good.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 11:30:58 PM PDT
september 27th

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 6:01:36 PM PDT
Yeah, the 27th of September seems pretty concrete at this point. Also, the new Spiderman is set to release October 4th, not the December 31st date Amazon has. So, we get this September 27th, Spiderman the next tuesday, and then two weeks later we get Batman!!!! It has been a glorious year for superhero games, lol

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 11:11:43 AM PDT
A. Iverson says:
Wow you're right, can't wait for fall! X-Men: Destiny, Spider-Man: Edge of Time and Batman: Arkham City all in a space of a couple weeks...score!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 12:24:34 AM PDT
Energico Q8 says:
I Dare you to bring 10 people who doesnt love deadpool in 2 days from this replay :p he got a lot of fans u know

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 1:53:05 PM PDT
Tiny says:
I wish they wouldnt release this game so close to all the other great games releasing around the same period. I know my playlist will be stuck on Gears 3 and Batman

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 2:04:02 PM PDT
N. Aker says:
Too many good games this fall jeez, i would explode if ghost recon was coming out this fall too

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 8:54:27 AM PDT
Really looking forward to all the superhero titles coming soon. X-men is right there at the top. I even enjoyed the Wolverine game, Captain America, and Green Lantern (playing co-op with Sinestro was the best).

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 6:10:11 PM PDT
RC says:
who are the three characters?

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 10:07:34 AM PDT
Do you get to pick what the three character powers are? Or do you just start out with what ever of the three mutants powers already are?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 12:31:06 AM PDT
N. Aker says:
I think you pick one of the three people, then you pick one of the three powers, then you upgrade them i guess.

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 8:18:58 AM PDT
Wicasawakan says:
Too bad Activision dropped the ball on releasing it for the PC. I have a 360 and some games are great on it but I'd rather play this on the PC. I'll most likely pick it up though. The developer diaries/videos are pretty good.

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 1:24:02 PM PDT
Xander says:
I was looking forward to this before they revealed you have to play and customize their crappy stereotype mutants. I was hoping for more of a create your own mutant from scratch. I'll wait and see how the reviews do, those three choices dont do anything for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2011 3:42:55 PM PDT
S. H. Wells says:
I hate to agree, Xander... the potential for customizing your own Mutant could have been huge. It looks like it will be 3 characters to choose between, and 3 powers to choose between (which in this day and age, is not a whole lot of choices)

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 9:31:28 PM PDT
Xander says:
It really isnt, maybe I was expecting too much but I was thinking they were going for a Mass Effect type make your own mutant from the looks to the costume and then go out into the x-men universe and decide your own destiny. But its not really your mutant or your destiny if your choosing between characters with pre-established names, personalities and backgrounds. Seems like a big missed opportunity here.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 12:54:18 AM PDT
N. Aker says:
If you guys are disappointed then just rent it like im going to do, redbox is great place for renting games now, 2 dollars a night

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 1:01:19 AM PDT
B. Le says:
powers are customizable

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/behind-the-x-men-destiny/720092

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 8:03:13 AM PDT
S. H. Wells says:
@Aker: Yeah, I am a little disappointed by how X-Men Destiny seems to have come together. Like Xander was saying imagine a Mass Effect (or Fallout, or Oblivion)-style custom character creator and a world set in the Marvel/X-Men universe. I believe the choice between Magneto and Xavier the line between good guy and bad guy would be more personal.

I have followed X-Men (comics) for decades and played many different incarnations of X-Men video games. I was hoping for a great X-Men title. It looks like this will be an okay title. I am sure it will have its fun points. And I am also sure I will eventually buy it.

But due to the self-imposed limitations of the game, I don't think this will be a release-day/day-one purchase for me.

I may be surprised (I hope I am)!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 11:27:28 AM PDT
N. Aker says:
@S.H. Wells: This game would of got a lot more spotlight if its customization was that deep, this game obviously wasn't meant to be a blockbuster title, so i don't have any high expectations for this game or the new spider man, which is why they are both going to be rentals for me as i wait for arkham city and assassins creed.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  X-Men: Destiny forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  May 6, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
X-Men: Destiny
X-Men: Destiny by Activision Publishing (Xbox 360)
3.1 out of 5 stars (94)