Customer Discussions > Die Hard forum

why do a lot of people love this movie ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2012 9:55:08 PM PDT
wolfgang says:
Bruce Willis is a sissy girly man and all die hard films suck!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:40:16 AM PST
Wow, what did Bruce Willis ever do to you? After all, he is an actor. He acts. Movies are not real life.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:06:43 PM PST
wolfgang says:
If you expect me to take Bruce Willis seriously (or any other actor for that matter) as an action hero then he needs to lift weights and get bigger. Every time I see him I just laugh.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 7:20:23 PM PST
Robski says:
I think that's what made audiences connect with him is that he's closer to the everyman, not just as in a very average physique, but that he gets scared, makes risky decisions, and uses his dry humor to comment to keep his sanity together.

I and many others find it refreshing to have an extraordinary hero without the aura of invincibility.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 8:31:25 AM PDT
AMEN, Robert! Yes, that is what made the original Die Hard so great: the hero was REAL, and not superficial. The picture couldn't have succeeded with a "big guy" trying to imitate Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone.

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 6:25:57 PM PDT
Fish Face says:
You do realize that what you are complaining about is one of the things that made the original Die Hard stand out from other action movies? No, McClane isn't a mountain of muscle like Arnold never-can-spell-his-last-name-correctly, a professional martial artist like Chuck Norris or Steven Segal, or a highly trained killing machine like Rambo or James Bond, but he isn't meant to be any of those. He's just a regular cop in the wrong place at the wrong time; he gets hurt, he isn't immune to fear, he cries.

You are correct that Willis wasn't a huge muscle man but if Arnold or some other pro weight lifter had been cast instead then Die Hard would have most likely turned out to be just another Rambo or Terminator-esque movie with a nigh invulnerable superman lead rather than an everyman character who is scared he might be killed at any second.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Die Hard forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Die Hard [VHS]
Die Hard [VHS] by Bruce Willis (VHS Tape - 2003)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (573)