Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 7, 2008 2:47:58 PM PST
B. Dobie says:
Let me first reiterate: I love deadspin.com. I check it MULTIPLE times each and every day. My question is, for someone that checks it out regularly, and has for a while, will this book cover anything that I haven't already seen?

I've thumbed through this book at my local bookstore, and it seems like the books is reprinting the same stories on the website (albeit not exactly the same wording, and with a little more detail).

Why should I buy this book, if things in it can be easily and readily obtained for free? I love Leitch, but hasn't he already told us this stuff?

Just looking for some thoughts from my fellow deadspinners who may already own this book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2008 8:01:47 AM PDT
Will Leitch says:
Nope, not at all. Sorry.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
God Save the Fan: How Preening Sportscasters, Athletes Who Speak in the Third Person, and the Occasional Convicted Quarterback Have Taken the Fun Out of Sports (And How We Can Get It Back)
God Save the Fan: How Preening Sportscasters, Athletes Who Speak in the Third Person, and the Occasional Convicted Quarterback Have Taken the Fun Out of Sports (And How We Can Get It Back) by Will Leitch (Hardcover - January 22, 2008)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (32)