Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Wii Fit Plus forum

love step aerobics on wii fit - anything else like it out there?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2009 1:37:44 PM PST
KK says:
i love the step aerobics on will fit, but it is very limited. is there anything else out there like that? i would like to expand on their step aerobics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2009 11:19:57 AM PST
Veggienator says:
My Fitness Coach has tons of step programs, just select cardio for you daily workout and also select step bench if you own it. It has Charlestons and other step programs that get quite advanced. My Fitness Coach does not use the balance board; however, if all you wanted it for was to record steps you can buy a pedometer and wear it while you use the program. Just use the balance board as a step, attach the pedometer to your waist and you will have a much more advanced and challenging program.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 6:35:55 AM PST
J. Amodeo says:

I have to agree - I love the aerobics on Wii fit. I also love the Rhythm Kung Fu on the Wii fit plus. It would be great if Nintendo made entire Wii programs with exercises like these exclusively, allowing the workouts in each category to progress to more and more advanced stages.

Wii Fit Plus with Balance BoardWii Fit PlusWii Fit

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2010 12:14:57 PM PST
cheshire cat says:
e a sports active ,more workouts has some great step aerobics in this new game ,really gets you pumping .I would highly recommend it having tried and owned alot of the wii excercise games .

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2010 2:19:23 PM PST
I'm a newbie and a bit confused; could you please clarify something for me? Is "My Fitness Coach" part of Wii Fitness, Wii Fit Plus, or is it separate "game"? Thank you very much; Based on your review, I WANT IT!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2010 4:27:25 PM PST
Veggienator says:
My Fitness Coach is separate, right now Amazon has it for $17.94. My Fitness Coach is completely different from My Fitness Coach 2 that just came out. Different developer, the second one doesn't seem to be liked as much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2010 5:53:23 PM PST
R. Warren says:
My Fitness Coach is very different. It is not cute like Wii Fit Plus. It is like taking an aerobics or a yoga class at a fitness club. It is a good workout. It is like having an aerobics class DVD that changes the routine every time you play it. Do not get My Fitness Coach 2. Its only relation to the original is in the title and the software case design. You also might look at Walk It Out. It's fun and inspires you to keep walking.

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 8:48:28 AM PST
Mommers says:
Is there an 'expert; level on Wii Fit Plus Step Aerobics? I can't seem to get there. . . There are two aerobics sections - one is 'basic' and the other is 'plus' step aerobics or something like that and it's the one that I like a lot. BUT, I can NOT seem to get to Expert - maybe it's not there which would make me a lot less frustrated!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010 10:33:59 AM PST
R. Warren says:
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you can be a lot less frustrated. The bad news is that there is no expert level. It is amazing that someone hasn't produced a standalone step aerobics program for the Wii.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2010 10:35:02 AM PST
My suggestion: get someone else to do it for you! The advanced is very good, but I must admit I was very disappointed with Wii Fit Plus not having any more programs to do with the step--they have something cheesy that's like a marching band, but no more routines for the step! And I wish they could give you a higher step, too... but I understand the liability issues...

I tell you what I did when I got on the advanced step--to make it have a more physical impact, I picked up a set of three pound weights and use those as I step up and down in rhythm. I encourage you to keep trying for the advanced, it is really fun. I have done it dozens and dozens of times and still am trying to aim for perfect!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2010 10:44:49 AM PST
J. Amodeo says:
I put my wii balance board on top of bricks when I do the step!
And yes, I wish they would come out with an exclusive wii step program - the advanced on wii fit is great, I like the "dancy" atmosphere. But I want some more variety! At least six routines with different step patterns, more advanced steps, different settings, different music to choose from, etc.
The step program on My Fitness Coach is too plain - that format would get boring in an extended program. Lots of Miis, lots of pizzaz, and physical/coordinational challenge is what's needed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2010 12:10:47 PM PST
I wonder how we can talk to the Wii people about it... Wonder if there is a suggestion box, because I feel the same. With a couple of three pound weights, it is making a real difference in my physique, but it's really frustrating that they put no thought into giving us different routines but we can become a chicken.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2010 3:13:12 AM PST
J. Amodeo says:
I Know! I wanted to send Nintendo an email about it, but couldn't find an address to send it to. I'm not that great at finding that sort of thing, so maybe somebody else here would have better luck. Also, maybe we could start a FaceBook page about it? And are they on Twitter?

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 5:48:45 AM PST
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... good question.... I'll try and see if I can get to it today. We are snowed in here in Memphis.

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 6:21:46 PM PST
Karla Baig says:
I agree with all of you. I was really hoping for more step aerobics in Wii Fit Plus. But I do love the Kung Fu but then again, I wish the duration were longer. The Perfect Ten is fun too. But I am looking for a real workout with sweat! If I do the step and Kung Fu a few times (advanced) I get a little bit! C'mon Nintendo! Give us what we want!

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 10:49:32 PM PST
Y. Mao says:
If I do 25-30 minutes of strength training routines or if I do the free run for 30 minutes, I am pretty sweaty by the end. Also I am trying to get as high as possible scores on the basic runs... I think those all get me pretty sweaty. So the work out is there, if you really wish to sweat. But since a lot of people are just trying to stay some what active while playing a few games, this is pretty awesome as the medium.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2010 1:08:24 PM PST
I too have started to use hand weights, it really adds to the workout. Look on Amazon, there is a new product that you can purchase to go under the balance board to raise it up to make your workout harder. I just ordered it and can't wait to get it. Aerobics Step Platform for Wii Fit

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2010 1:54:27 PM PST
Thanks, Kathleen! I was afraid they had been spooked by litigation into keeping things As Safe As Possible.

Posted on Feb 23, 2010 6:49:59 PM PST
D. Hagemann says:
EA Active Sports:More Workouts has some great step aerobics sessions, plus a build your own workout section. I use the balance board with risers (from the Psyclone Calorie Burn Kit - I got mine at Sam's Club) and get a great workout every time. My custom workout is a mix of cardio boxing and step aerobics and it is a real workout. I highly recommend EA Active Sports: More Workouts.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2010 10:31:49 AM PDT
luv2shop says:
My Fitness Coach is a separate game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2010 11:45:32 AM PDT
No, there's not. That's the only disappointment I had on the Wii Fit Plus was that the step aerobics were not developed more. But what I did was buy the step that fits underneath and pick up a couple of 3 or five pound weights and do my arms as I did the routine. That'll knock off the calories, I tell you! I've lost 20 lbs doing my Wii Fit Plus and I am pretty much eating whatever I like. (Although I do try to keep it to a minimum; I am in college and cooking and eating healthy are not something I do well).

I will say that there is a drawback to the step: sometimes your steps won't register as well, and you CANNOTweigh yourself on it unless you want to lose 12 pounds overnight. (Which was fun, until I realized, well, duh!) I am writing Nintendo to see if they won't put out another Wii Plus disk (what would they call it, Wii Fit Plus II?) and concentrate on the aerobics a bit more.

As for myself, I do a fitness routine with yoga and strenth (the squats have been enormously helpful) and I go to karate with my kids. I do the expert biking EVERY day and so far have enjoyed the mental challenge of lowering my miles tremendously. Obstacle course is great too!

Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2010 7:06:20 AM PDT
Does anyone know if there is a way to program balance and aerobic games into a workout in Wii Fit Plus, like you can with yoga and strength?

Posted on Jul 22, 2010 2:13:56 PM PDT
i, too, wish there were a full game version of both rhythm kung fu and the step aerobics. i cant get a full work out with all the pausing in between reloads

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 2:16:55 PM PST
K. Gilbert says:
i love the step game on wii fit plus!! i wish their was a whole game of it, with music selection and different step routines. i'm thinking of looking into one of the dancing games, but it's not quite what i'm looking for.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2011 9:03:23 AM PST
it's a separate game worth the purchase
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wii Fit Plus forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Fit Plus
Wii Fit Plus by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.5 out of 5 stars (722)