5.0 out of 5 stars Best Way to Learn, December 3, 2009
Deltenney "Deltenney" (Fort Oglethorpe, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: lynda.com
[...] -- The way to go for learning software. This is a delightful way to learn online. The videos are all by experts who know their stuff! You can log in at your convenience, choose whatever course you wish to learn (from literally hundreds of online videos) and repeat as many times as necessary. There are numerous free introductory lessons (all underlined) where you can review the instructor and lesson format BEFORE signing on. If you choose to take the course, you can start with one month -- and sign on for up to a year of learning time. The sign-on gives you open access to ALL videos -- so you can mix, match or stick with one subject. This is the greatest learning program online. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lynda.com, September 21, 2009
This review is from: lynda.com
An amazingly complete library of training videos related to every conceivable software available. My primary experience is with Adobe software training and without exception the instructors are both knowledgeable about the subject and competent instructors (the two do not always go hand-in-hand). I have recommended this service to anyone who asks me where he or she can get instruction in graphic arts software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lynda.com, February 14, 2012
This review is from: lynda.com
Their site is quite easy to use and the way they break up the length of the videos emulates a TED talk which means you can make time for a lesson anytime in the day. What's more important to me is customer service. When I got too busy to continue making full use of their service I cancelled my account, but I had missed the billing cycle by one day, leaving me with a month of service I knew I wasn't going to use. When I called to see if there was anything they could do I was refunded immediately and I got in contact with an actual human in record time. With so many companies leaving their "customer service" to a slew of recorded messages and labyrinth number dials, it was quite refreshing to come away from my call relaxed and at ease, instead of the verizon wireless or bank of america equivalent: frustrated and hostile.
All in all, I would recommend this service to anyone who wants to widen their professional skills in an easy to digest flexible way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest Company, December 17, 2012
This review is from: lynda.com
Without going into too much detail, I had an issue with billing on my subscription to lynda.com. While most companies quote you their "holy policies", allowing them to continue taking your dollar, lynda.com applied common sense and ethics to the problem. The issue was resolved with honesty within 24hrs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Freaking Amazing, February 27, 2010
This review is from: lynda.com
I knew nothing about Adobe Illustrator when I started using Lynda. I needed to learn how to use the application for a project. I am so pleased. I get to learn at home using video (which I love). Now I actually understand illustrator and am preparing to launch my first project. This has opened up a whole new window of opportunity for me. And what's more is that Lynda offers training on a host of other programs like Final Cut Pro that I know I'll be integrating into my work in the future. I highly suggest this to anyone who needs to learn how to use a specific computer application in an easy to learn format. Go to the website and see if they offer training for your specific app.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, January 14, 2013
AW (Valencia, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: lynda.com
I'm learning GIMP, a freeware program very similar to photoshop. I know, this is stupid but I was a little nervous starting my online class. I was afraid the instructor would talk above my comprehension and I'd feel like a dumb bunny. There was no need to worry. The instruction was clear cut and very easy to understand. There's even a way to bookmark parts of the class that I might need to reference later. I'm so happy and relieved. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality content, comprehensive, fits your pocket. Highly reccomended., June 12, 2014
This review is from: lynda.com
If you are looking for online training on software, programming, design, photography, business, Lynda is the right place. They have some amazing courses which meets your needs, whether you are a novice or an expert. I have been a lynda member for more than one year and have learned a host of new skills which have helped in my professional career. I especially recommend business skills courses on the website, which are very unique and you will never find such courses on any other website.

Lynda now provides a free trial access to all its content. Sign up for it and explore the courses yourself to make sure that it suits your needs. http://goo.gl/0o7G0r

lynda.com