Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

I have been using the iPearl mCovers for my MacBook Pro's for several years. The shell continues to get better and better as iPearl tweaks the design of the cover. I feel the cover is about as good a cover as you'll hope to find at a very attractive price.

The mCover installs easily and securely. Small tabs are utilized to enable the cover to grip the shell of the MacBook Pro.

The two silicon pads on the bottom front shell help prevent the computer from slipping when on a slick surface like a desk. The two retractable feet on the bottom rear of the shell elevate the back of the comptuer a bit to make for a more comfortable typing position.

The clear shell is actually translucent. It's very attractive in my opinion and lets the true color of the MacBook Pro shell come through. The lit Apple logo also shows through brightly through the case which I like.

The shell fits my MacBook Pro perfectly. The cover adds negligible weight and there is absolutely no play in the shell at all. I feel much more secure knowing that my MacBook Pro is being protected against scratches, and bumps.

Highly recommended.
33 comments67 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2010
This cover was exactly what I expected. It does a great job protecting my new mac. The hard plastic is very durable and strong. I feel sure that my Mac will live through any mishap that might happen. It was easy to install, with snap-on clicks to indicate when it was fully on. The slits on the bottom prevent the laptop from getting overheated.
on July 10, 2012
Wow! An almost perfect product. Protects that Mac unibody. Lightweight, transparent to reveal that Mac beauty. I've had one on a 2009 MacBook and when I took it off to sell it, it looked .... mint! At $20 it's a no brainer. And, the low cost (fair) and fast shipping to Canada was icing on the cake.
on April 13, 2011
I bought this product to protect my 15" MacBook Pro laptop. I'm always a little hesitant to purchase a product like this when it's not released by the OEM, but I have been very pleased with this product. The product came wrapped in plastic and within 2 minutes I was able to attach it to my notebook. I probably spent more time removing the plastic than I did attaching it to my notebook. The product fits perfectly around the computer so it provides very good protection against simple scratches. The product also has venting on the bottom of the cover, so it hasn't caused any problems with functionality.

The bottom of the product has little tabs that allow you to prop the laptop up, so you can have a more comfortable experience. I chose the clear cover because I didn't want to make a statement with the cover. The clear cover provides minimal detraction from the appearance of the computer. I also like the closed box around the Apple (as opposed to the cutout some of the competing products have used).

I was very pleased with this seller as well because they provided me with a keyboard cover as well.
on February 23, 2012
quick easy transaction, this is the perfect protector for my new mac laptop. no more worries about my kids sitting things on my laptop that could scratch it all up, so simple to assemble , a monkey could do it. great product
on February 4, 2012
My Mac just took a 7 foot drop from my dresser. Not a scratch or any problems at all. This thing is a LIFE SAVER! Also really helps to eliminate anxiety when traveling with your laptop.
on March 16, 2011
Having just purchased a new 15" MacBook Pro A1286, I felt I needed a cover/case to protect it. I love the raw aluminum shell of the MacBook Pro but being a working photographer and using it tethered to my camera on location, I knew that I had to cover the surface or risk its getting inadvertently scratched. I wasn't keen on one of the more vinyl like covers as they feel rather bulky. The mCover polycarbonate shell is perfect. Thin, great fit and discrete.
on May 6, 2011
I don't usually write reviews, but when a product does what it's supposed to at a substantial discount to its competitors, I feel obliged to let other consumers know.

I previously had a clear Speck case for my 2007 MacBook Pro. When I got my new MacBook Pro in April, 2011, I read all the reviews for cases made by Speck, InCase, and mCover. I must admit, I was a bit concerned that the mCover cost so little (would it be "cheap" rather than inexpensive?), but in the end, I'm thrilled I went with the clear mCover.

Why? First, it's significantly less expensive. Second, it took less than 15 seconds to install, even with no instructions. Third, it does what it's supposed to do. Fourth, it's lighter weight than my old Speck case (not sure if that would be true of the 2011 version of Speck), yet would appear to do an equally good job of protecting the computer from scratches and light bumps. (Because the old Speck case was heavier, I'd guess it MIGHT do a better job if I dropped the laptop from a height, but, hey, in that case, all bets are off.)

Finally, after reading all those reviews, here were my >unfounded< concerns about the mCover:

1 - The legs: Yes, the little flip down legs that adjust the typing position are a bit flimsy, but so far, they're working. Most of the time, I wouldn't ever use them, and when they're folded away, I don't even know they're there. At the moment, the laptop is on a countertop, and I have the legs set for more comfortable typing. Honestly, though, I'd be fine without them, as my old Speck case didn't have them, and I've never felt a strong need for them. If they do break, so what?

2 - The charging cord: Some of the reviews said they found a design flaw --- the case's design prevents them from putting the charging cord in with the cord running toward the back of the computer, or that the charger is loose when they do that. These reviewers said this means they need to run the cord toward the front of the laptop, but that blocks the adjacent ethernet port. Perhaps mCover changed the design, but in my case, the charging cord easily fits in and stays in facing in either direction, so this is absolutely NOT a concern. (Yes, I have the newer style charging cord that I'm guessing is standard with all new MacBook Pros.)

3 - Some reviews mentioned a bowing of the top lid cover (front and center), where another "clip" would help keep the top piece in place. They said dust, etc. could get in between the lid and top of the laptop. Had these reviewers not mentioned this, I wouldn't have noticed it, so slight is the "bowing." But, yes, it's there to a VERY minimal extent. It's hard for me to imagine much of anything getting in there, and if, occasionally something were to get in there, duh, I'd just remove the cover, clean it out, and reinstall. It takes all of 15 seconds to take off or install, yet stays on securely, so I don't really see what the fuss is all about.

4 - The way the two pieces come together may marginally (very, very slightly) reduce the angle on how far I can tilt open the top lid for ease of use when lying down/sitting. But truly, it still opens well past 90 degrees, and it's absolutely fine. As I type this right now, I've moved to a sitting position, and it's absolutely perfect.

My only "complaint" is that the product description on Amazon's website says the product is made of USA plastic. That may or may not be true, but the product packaging states that it's made in China. Given China's labor/environmental policies and arrests of dissidents, I have a purely personal preference for buying US made goods, but, hey, in today's world, that's often impossible.

Conclusion: Very glad I bought the mCover rather than another Speck.
on April 20, 2011
After trying several different types of covers for my MacBook Pro I was happy to discover this cover. It snaps on easily and looks terrific. It allows for easy access to all posts, etc. I purchased the clear version and feel confident in the protection this cover provides for my MacBook.
on September 2, 2009
Good protection for my new macbook pro. Fits well on 15" pro, clear cover doesn't interfere with the overall aesthetic of the macbook, and it protects it against scratches. Can't say how long it will last because it seems like the grips could eventually break off, but so far so good.