Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $10.45 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
3-Year Office Product Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
|Price:||$39.69 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Plug the Ethernet Cord into magicJackTM Plus. Plug the other end of the Ethernet Cord into a modem or router.
- Connect the Power Adapter to the USB stick of the magicJackTM Plus and plug the Power Adapter into the wall.
- Plug any regular or cordless phone into the magicJack
- MagicJackTM Plus will install in approximately 60 seconds and stay on at all times.
- This item includes power adopter and the USB extension cord.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Does it work? It really works. After you register by plugging it into your computer USB port, you just plug in your router, power, and phone.
How is the sound quality? It is about half way between a cell phone and a regular land line. Sometimes I briefly hear some low volume static after talking, and some people say my voice sounds slightly synthesized. There is also a slight delay.
How many phones can it support? I activated the phone wiring in my house and plugged in 3 cordless phones, and they all worked. If you do this, be sure to disconnect the phone wire that comes in from the phone company. Cordless phones provide their own power, so they are not much of a drain on the MagicJack power. Other reviews have said that only 1 to 2 corded phones can be supported. The easiest and best way to hook up your phones is to use a DECT phone system. I love the Panasonic KXTG7875S DECT 6.0 5-Handset High Quality Phone System with Answering Capability system.
Can it fax? I tested it using my computer fax modem, and it works!
Can I transfer my old phone number? After you set up MagicJack with a temporary phone number, you can request that your old number be transferred to your MagicJack service for a $20 fee. This will cancel your old phone service. Do NOT cancel your old phone service yourself before the number is transferred.Read more ›
BOTTOM LINE: I would recommend the MJP to friends, and I have completely migrated from Verizon to MJP .....BUT.... you get what you pay for. In my view, the cost of MJP, initially $70 plus the yearly fee of $20, greatly outweighs the things I've discovered.
1) SET-UP was easy with the computer. No problems getting a temporary phone number from MJP to call-forward from Verizon. My biggest delay was getting Verizon to add call-forwarding to my existing service, which took a week and a few phone calls to accomplish. As I was eventually going to migrate my existing number to MJP I didn't care what the interim number would be.
2) MIGRATING my existing telephone number was not an issue. It took about 36 hours (though according to MJP, could take up to 10 days).
3) CALL QUALITY: Not an issue, AFTER I moved the MJP about 3 feet away from the telephone. There was a hum in the line while it remained close to the wireless telephone set. Currently I have 7 phones (cordless and corded) hooked up without any call quality problems.
4) VOICEMAIL seems pretty simple to use (though see CONS, below). A nice feature is the notification process via email. Call forwarding to a cell phone is also possible, but I have not used that feature.Read more ›
Customer support is poor. FAQ's don't really address much technically. I couldn't find any phone numbers to call on the website and used the chat line twice. Had to wait quite a few minutes for the first chat to start up--that was for help when the MJ website dumped me during the middle of initial registration. However the chat rep was reasonably helpful. 2nd chat today had a shorter delay getting started, but when I asked for help with the frequent line drops I got dropped from the chat line.
I live in central NC and get my hi-speed Internet service from Time Warner Cable. Using the Speakeasy speed test (accessible through the MJ FAQ page under "What type of Internet service does magicJack require?"), I found my upload speed averages around .95 Mbps--which should be more than fast enough for MJ+'s minimum bandwidth UPLOAD speed of 128 kb/s. However, I suspect the TWC line may be the problem--that is, if the line isn't working with high consistency, maybe that is what is causing the MJ drops.
I am giving MJ+ two stars rather than one star, because if I unplug the unit for 1-2 minutes, plug it back in, and give it a few minutes to reboot, I can make outgoing calls with moderately good call quality. So MJ+ is a dirt-cheap way for me to save phone minutes that I would otherwise have to rack up on my cell phone.
If you are thinking of giving MJ+ a try, I would strongly recommend buying it at Radio Shack (or another store?) rather than through the MJ website. (I got mine at RS for $59, which includes the first year of service.) I've seen a number of reviews about double-billings and other billing problems that suggest MJ is a company you should NEVER disclose a credit card number to.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
works great...for one phone. I thought it would send a signal thru the wired phone lines throughout the house, so now I need to get a phone with multiple handsets so that I can... Read morePublished 15 days ago by Heather Breed
I have gotten so much use out of this magic jack. It has very rarely dropped calls and It feels great knowing that I spent so little for what feels like a regular home phone.Published 20 days ago by Momof2
I want to start by saying that I have used MagicJack for years. I have defended them against many who have dogged them. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Channa N.