Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
asked by Kathleen Connell on January 10, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
YES.
We make it in small batches, and process the nuts for a long time, until the batch becomes oily after it is initially dry. Keep going until it lumps up. Stop and use your spatula to clear off the sides, then process a little longer.
You will save beaucoup bucks. We are very satisfied with this machine! See my post about making hummus, esp. raw food variety.
Jeff A. Tomboulian answered on August 27, 2009
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I made peanut butter (about 2 pounds of nuts) with this machine and i was amazed at how quickly it was done. I placed the nuts in the food processor when there were still a little warm (i roasted them slightly), which helped to cut down on the processing time. I'm also impressed at how quiet the machine is and how smooth it purees vegetables, for soup. I even chopped coconut after slicing it in small pieces and was amazed at how quickly and finely it was chopped. I would definitely recommend this food processor.
Flo Rock answered on August 11, 2011
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Jeff,
Wondering if you could tell us how the processor has worked out for you for until now. I am planning on buying this unit mainly for making my own almond butter. Does the motor hold up to repeated almond butter making - say a batch every 3-4 weeks?

Thanks!
S. George answered on February 13, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I personally haven't done this, but the DVD that came with the processor shows how peanut butter is made. I saw this blogspot and thought it may be helpful.

http://patrickhdonnelly.blogspot.com/2008/04/cuisinart-food-processor-nut-butters.html
Spyce answered on January 11, 2009
Comment | 6 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I also need to know how it will hold up making nut butters - almond, peanuts, etc. once a week.
Flo Rock answered on February 14, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks. This is exactly what I needed to know!
Rebecca answered on August 11, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This thing is great for making nut butter. I wasn't paying attention to how much almonds i was using but maybe about 1 cup to 1.5 cup? i roasted it and let it cool some before using this on it. I've heard of cheaper processors overheating or taking extra long time to blend it. With this one, it didn't take that long although it did heat up. However, i do think if you just let the almonds cool down completely before blending, it'd be even better on the processor. Honestly it's REALLY AWESOME at making nut butter.
Kai answered on June 2, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product