Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale
Am making signs . Can I cut after laminating to get multiple signs per sheet?
asked by Roadrunner on December 14, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Yes! You definitely can! I do it all the time ... just put the paper in with about 1/4 of an inch or so apart, enough so that you can cut in between and when it comes out, just cut. Hope that helps! I try to make my laminating paper last as long as possible so I always do multiple things in it unless it is simply an actual entire sheet of paper.
MyLisa answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The lamination is most durable when not cut to the edge (either by laminating one page per sheet or leaving a border of lamination around smaller items) but I still cut things to the edge all the time out of necessity and have never had a problem. However, if the signs are going to be used outside, I wouldn't cut them, as water can seep through cut edges.
E. Sullivan answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I made all sorts of small cards and games out of these sheets. I loaded as much in there as possible. You need to leave enough space in between each piece of whatever so that you can cut it and not break the seal. (I used to leave just a couple of mm) I made them for kindergartners and they always held up well. You can also cut the lamination before into the size you need...but that is a little trickier as you have to line it up exactly. --but if you don't have any more to laminate and have 1/2 a sheet left - I always cut it before laminating it so I didn't waste it- as it is so expensive.
Julia answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have done this, however, you need to leave ample space to make sure the sheets stay together. You many need to leave 1/8" or more depending on the thickness of the sheets you are laminating, I hope this helps.
Teri B. Grafton, MA answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If i understand the question correctly the answer is yes. I almost always laminate smaller projects and cut them after laminating.
Jennifer L. Rowlands answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can cut things as long you leave some laminate around the edges.
jeremy answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
With a good pair of scissors, yes. Leave spaces in between the pictures.
Brian answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes! I use the laminator for my prekindergarten classroom. I often use one sheet to laminate several items, and then cut the separate items.
Kristen M. Stewart answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think so. Not positive, but I think you should be able to if you leave space in between. I have trimmed around the edges, and that works, so you should be fine.
Emily L. Dowtin answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I did but the results where not that great. However my signs were outdoors and the laminate didn't seem to hold up in the weather
R. Sippel answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product