Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

The man killed at the end of the book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2007 3:36:36 PM PDT
At the very end of the book, Bourne's last kill is a man whose face he recognizes but cannot place. It is said in the book that "Many would know this face". I know that Carlos resurfaces in the 3rd book, but are we supposed to think that this might be Carlos? If not, does anyone know who this man is?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2008 9:12:26 PM PDT
C. Woody says:
I feel bad that no one is responding to you, so let's try this. (I haven't read the book for awhile, and it's too late right now to look it up, but...) I think the guy you are referring to is indeed supposed to be Carlos, but I think Ludlum is vague about whether the man actually dies or not. I think we are supposed to see Bourne and Carlos locked in a desperate struggle where either or both could die, and in the end, neither do. Look at it again, and I may do the same tomorrow morning.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2008 7:53:31 AM PDT
Jesse Gray says:
Yes indeed, Carlos is the man Bourne shoots, but Carlos doesn't die. He is wounded, as Bourne is. Bourne recognizes him, but because of his memory loss, he can't remember exactly who "Carlos" is, only that he is someone rather famous. He sees Carlos escape, but can do nothing because of his own injuries.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2007
Latest post:  Aug 24, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
THE BOURNE IDENTITY ( Film Tie-in )
THE BOURNE IDENTITY ( Film Tie-in ) by Robert Ludlum (Paperback - 2002)
4.1 out of 5 stars (1,680)