Customer Discussions > Rocksmith forum

How many of you actually learned how to play a song with this game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2011 7:44:10 AM PST
Just as the title said...
How many of you actually learned how to play a song with this game?

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 11:51:26 AM PST
M. Elliott says:
It's possible to learn to play any of these songs just by playing the game. It's all a matter of repetition. If you play along with the game enough times, of course you're going to remember it; to be able to play it even when not playing the game. What this game WON'T do is teach you to play *any* song at all. It teaches you how to play the guitar and the songs in the game, but not how to read music.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 11:33:50 AM PST
I can play In Bloom. Sort of :)

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 5:14:21 PM PST
Brian Steele says:
I have really enjoyed it. I bought an acoustic guitar 3 years ago and tried youtube and tips from friends to learn and haven't learned in 3 years what I have learned in 3 days on rocksmith.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 11:05:25 AM PST
Since the cable works with my mac i use both and i know chords and how to read chord diagram now so if you use the tools provided you can learn with determination.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 6:24:13 PM PST
I can play many of the songs on here. It actually teaches you the real notes. I have been playing guitar for 8 years, and my girlfriend just started... at our different levels this game is enjoyable for both of us. Whether you've been playing for years, or you've just picked it up- this game is for you.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 1:34:36 AM PST
From zero to be able to play House of The Rising Sun without looking at tabs in a week is kind of awesome :P

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 12:13:08 PM PST
Sean C. Peek says:
I have learned much more, much faster, than I ever thought possible...and having fun while doing it. I've been having so much fun with the game I've bought myself a second guitar (I already had a Squier Strat and just bought an Epi Les Paul LP100), an amp, and am playing both with and without the game now. Can't say enough about how much this game has peaked my interest in guitar!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 11:27:50 AM PST
R. Monroe says:
I learned House of the Rising Sun in my first week of playing guitar. What about more advanced songs?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rocksmith forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rocksmith
Rocksmith by UBI Soft (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (527)